INPHCC Executive Director
Executive Director Position
Are you passionate about leading and making an impact in the indispensable world of plumbing, heating and cooling? The Indiana Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors Association (INPHCC) is on the hunt for an exceptional Executive Director to spearhead the organization into continued success in a changing industry. With our Executive Director retiring at the end of 2023, this is an exciting opportunity to step into a pivotal leadership role, where you will help shape the direction of our not-for-profit trade association, representing nearly 300 esteemed member firms. The INPHCC represents plumbing, heating and cooling contractors as well as industry-leading manufacturers and suppliers throughout the state of Indiana. Join us in championing innovation, advocating for industry professionals and driving growth in this sector.
Within the limits of the Bylaws and Policies, the Executive Director is responsible for and has commensurate authority to accomplish the duties set forth below:
Leadership/Governance – Approximately 15% of the overall time
- Participates with the Association and Mechanical Skills Apprentice School Board in charting the course of the organizations to meet the needs of the members and students.
- Works at the direction of the Association’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee to accomplish association goals and objectives.
- Advises the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee of trends, problems or potential opportunities, and recommends courses of action including updates to the strategic plan.
- Handles governance for the Association including all Board matters and meetings.
- Handles governance for the Mechanical Skills Apprentice School program including all Board matters and meetings.
- Works closely with the Executive Committee, Nominating Committee and any task forces or workgroups created.
Communications/Membership – Approximately 15% of the overall time
Industry and Public Relations
- Coordinates public relations and industry promotions including coalition building, trade show representation and public speaking.
- Indiana Contractor Connection is for Indiana Contractor Connection with is 8-16 pages quarterly newsletter to 3000 + subscribers. The Executive Director is responsible for:
- Writing, editing, and design of the publication.
- Advertising sales.
- Designs, writes and edits weekly electronic newsletter in Constant Contact format.
- Develops and maintains contacts with local and state trade press.
- Webmaster for Indiana PHCC website including all site changes utilizing Avolin content management system (CMS).
- Designs and develops forms for website including membership applications, educational seminar applications, etc. Keeps web calendar up to date. Posts all news and newsletter materials in a timely manner.
- Responds in a timely manner to website inquiries.
- Develops good working relationships with members.
- Develops, maintains and executes member recruitment and retention strategies and member benefit programs.
- Coordinates all non-dues revenue partnerships including Federated Insurance, which includes all risk management programs and materials; Speedway Superfleet Program, and Payment Processing Credit Card Processing contracts.
Workforce – Approximately 15% of the overall time
- Oversees administrative execution of the contract for the Mechanical Skills Apprentice School Program, which is the largest of its type nationally.
- Develops marketing for in-person programs and distance learning programs.
- Oversees staff to administer programs and record-keeping for the virtual and in-person Apprentice participants.
Legislative/Regulatory – Approximately 10% of the overall time
- Represents Indiana PHCC at Indiana Plumbing Commission meetings and other state regulatory agencies, when appropriate, such as Fire and Building Services Commission, Jobs Creation Committee and Job Fairs.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with related associations and pertinent government/legislative agencies to further and protect members’ interests.
Federation – Approximately 15% of the overall time
- Maintains knowledge of all programs, procedures and services provided by the Indiana and National PHCC.
- Creates and maintains working relationships with local chapters.
- Provides support for local chapters as directed by the Executive Committee.
Leadership Summit/Education – Approximately 15% of the overall time
- Coordinates the annual IAPHCC Convention and Leadership Summits including contract negotiations for space, speakers and sponsorships.
- Responsible for educational seminars including program speakers, sponsors, marketing
Financial/Administrative – Approximately 15% of the overall time
- Prepares the annual budgets in consultation with the Finance Committee to allocate funds, control costs and maintain Board approved operations.
- Establishes and maintains financial and accounting record-keeping systems in accordance with recognized accounting procedures and legal requirements.
- Coordinates with an annual CPA Compilation as authorized by the Board and policies.
- Manages all activities of the association including staff coordination and human resources.
- Responsible for all educational seminars’ billings and collections.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations as they relate to operating not-for-profit associations. Executes such contracts and commitments as may be authorized by established policy or the Board of Directors.
- Executes contracts, agreements, and commitments as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Establishes and maintains a record-keeping system containing documentation of all minutes, membership records, assets schedules, inventory records and any other information related to the operation of the association.
- Supervisory responsibilities include the Operations Manager.
Applicant should demonstrate the ability to partner with the Board of Directors, staff and other volunteers to successfully create and execute toward their strategic goals and success including having:
- Education level of a bachelor’s degree or 5-10 years of related association experience, preferably with a trade association.
- Experienced in financial management including budgeting and tactical accounting processes.
- Proven organizational abilities and strength in maximizing resources to meet goals.
- Exceptional skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; including serving as a spokesperson to legislative, regulatory and other stakeholder groups.
- Ability to manage and lead change to continue to strengthen the Association’s value to members, operations and reputation with stakeholders, as well as adapt to changes within the plumbing, heating, and cooling industry.
- Proven ability to build, maintain and cultivate relationships that ensure the forward movement of the association.
- Experience in managing staff.
- The ability to work in the association’s offices in Indianapolis (9595 Whitley Drive, Suite 208) as well as travel to events within Indiana and the National PHCC
A success factor will also be the candidate’s participation in association continuing education initiatives and programs, such as ASAE (American Society of Association Executives), ISAE (Indiana Society of Association Executives), or related programs. Should also have or be working towards the CAE (Certified Association Executive) designation.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
INPHCC has engaged Raybourn Group International to partner with them for this search. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through this portal. Please, no phone calls.
INPHCC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/M/D/V).
Raybourn Group InternationalIndianapolis, IN
Arts and Entertainment
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.