- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reports To: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, this position is directly responsible for the daily meat preparation, which includes reviewing daily production schedules to determine cooked meat requirements, kitchen equipment prep, ingredient mixing, proper loading of cooking racks and oven. Correct documentation of ingredient lots and production rates are critical responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and achieve greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Ability to supervise, coach, and train the RTE assembly support team.
- Understands FIFO rotation and how to decipher Lot numbers of both meat and sauces.
- Have a basic operating knowledge of financial variances for efficiencies and material lost.
- Oversees all processing operations and works with other departments in order to reduce waste.
- Ensures facility is audit/tour ready in compliance with Raybern’s policies and procedures, FDA/USDA regulations, and customer specifications.
- Has full responsibility for the shifts production rates and efficiency measures; and ability to communicate/explain the performance and results
- Works closely with Quality Assurance to make certain that quality levels are maintained.
- Oversees implementation of all factory workers compliance to GMP Food Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates closely with all department leads, supervisors and managers.
- Accountable for accurate reporting performance and work ticket closure.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change as needed at any time with or without notice.
Supervisor Kitchen and Raw Cooler Team Members
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A or B.S.) or equivalent; at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Minimum of 2-3 years Supervisory experience in food manufacturing HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Excellent people development skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Business acumen & ability to understand the financial impact of production performance and decision making.
- Detailed knowledge of the entire manufacturing process
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task, and communicate effectively with both subordinates as well as senior management
- Computer proficient
Raybern Foods Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at Raybern Foods Inc