We are a family owned and operated HVAC company looking for a reliable, self-motivated HVAC Technician. As an HVAC technician, you will be responsible for the installation; diagnosis; maintenance and repair of Residential; Commercial and Industrial equipment.
Essential Technical Knowledge Required:
- Basic understandingof refrigeration cycle to include; identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works; diagnosing problems in circuit; using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and measuring devises for routine maintenance and troubleshooting. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging.
- Basic understandingof heating cycle to include; identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil.
- Basic understandingof electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read basic wiring diagrams. Understands OHM law. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot basic electrical circuits.
- Basic understandingof the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity and distribution. Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Basic understandingof fabrication, assembly, installation of sheet metal products and equipment, such as ducts, control boxes, drainpipes, and furnace casings. Work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer; operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts; or inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces.
Job duties / responsibilities include:
- Gather and/or discard materials and equipment needed for/from job site
- Maintain job site to ensure safety at all times
- Install and fabricate duct work; including flexible tubing and sheet metal construction
- Install / repair fuel and water lines
- Install / recycle refrigerants
- Install / repair of electrical connections to HVAC components
- Install / repair equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on all types of equipment
- Use and maintain a variety of hand and power tools, gauges and ladders and other equipment, ensuring safety at all times
- Read and follow instructions - such as blueprints; work orders/proposals; etc.
- Pick up and/or deliver parts to job sites, as necessary
- Document all installation / service related activities and administration activities
- Complete all required training
- Other duties as assigned
- Have EPA Certification
- Have a minimum 1- 3 years HVAC experience or equivalent professional work experience a plus
- Be able to work in tight spaces and at various heights
- Be able to work in all weather conditions
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Pass background check and drug test
- Be Reliable and Self-Motivated ("go getter")
- Possess excellent customer service skills with professional attitude
- Be available to work overtime (nights and weekends) and on-call 24x7
- Be able to lift 75 - 100lbs
- Be familiar with OSHA Safety Standards a plus
- Have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Full Time
- Sick and Vacation Time
- Company match retirement
- Salary based on proven work experience
Ray Gidich Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.