Corporate Counsel/ Sr. Counsel
- Posted: over a month ago
General Summary: Position will perform a variety of general legal duties reporting to the VP and General Counsel on a three-person legal team (paralegal, this position and GC) with exposure to all aspects of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides legal counsel on a wide range of matters, including contract management, regulatory, compliance, risk management and other general legal matters.
- Drafts, reviews, redlines and negotiates a wide variety of contracts and agreements (sponsorship agreements, athlete and ambassador agreements, license agreements, agreements with suppliers, vendors and service providers).
- Together with the legal team, manages contracts and contract lifecycles including template development, maintenance, management and roll-out; drafting, revising, redlining and negotiating contracts; managing contract execution and filing, together with all phases of the contract management processes.
- Assists with management of global trademark portfolio, trademark registration strategies and enforcement actions.
- Assists in the preparation, management and record-keeping of Board materials, including minutes, resolutions and written consents.
- Assists with developing, managing and tracking departmental budget, including reviewing and processing invoices from law firms and service providers.
- Handles in-house aspects of litigation matters, including document retention, collecting information for discovery requests, working with employees in the preparation of declarations and identifying appropriate internal subject matter experts for deposition.
- Develops organizational policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance and regulatory affairs.
- Consults with internal and external subject matter experts when necessary.
- Builds relationships across the business units and with leadership stakeholders.
- Advises on employment matters.
- Actively identifies legal issues that affect the Company’s products and services and communicates with business units as appropriate.
- Provides Project Management for M&A, marketing review, litigation, etc.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Law degree from a top-tier accredited law school and a member in good standing of Missouri State Bar required.
- 5-10 year attorney with in-house corporate legal department experience required, preference to candidates with consumer product company experience.
- Relentless attention to detail with the ability to process and execute multiple tasks simultaneously, ensuring completion of individual tasks without close supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all levels (internally and externally).
- Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Top candidates will be deep creative thinkers with a proven track-record of mitigating legal risk while empowering the business to execute according to company-wide goals. A keen ability to navigate “getting to yes” while mitigating corporate risk and risk to revenue.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform a challenging workload under tight deadlines.
- Proven dependability and flexibility regarding time management, work assignments and deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to function well – and be comfortable in – a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Core Competencies: The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding communicator – both written and oral.
- A self-starter who is comfortable working independently.
- A creative innovator.
- A leader that is comfortable interacting with and influencing others at all levels within the organization.
- Personally responsible with a high degree of integrity that is comfortable speaking out when necessary.
- Customer-focused & consumer-orientated (to both internal and external customers).
- A decision-maker.
- A highly organized, detail-oriented subject matter expert.
Working Conditions: General office working conditions. This is an “on-site” position working in Rawlings’ St. Louis’ headquarters (subject to local rules and regulations).
Rawlings Sporting Goods Company Inc
AddressSaint Louis, MO
LegalView all jobs at Rawlings Sporting Goods Company Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?