Are you passionate about serving youth?
Rawhide is seeking individuals to influence and mentor teenage boys who are struggling.
**Full-Time, Full-Benefits, Free Housing Provided**
Our current opening is for the Resident Youth Care Worker (RYCW) role, which is a live-in position (housing is provided). You will be working with a skilled team of youth care workers, led by the Unit Administrator of the youth home. A team of house parents will assist in the leadership of the home and provide you guidance as you develop your skills in working with at risk youth. Not only do you portray a family model to our boys, you become part of the staff team family.
Our boys desperately need men and women to stand in the gap and teach them how to follow the right path. Regular opportunities arise to teach the boys social skills as well as basic life skills. The successful resident youth care worker assists in the planning of outdoor/indoor activities, engage interactively with the youth, while also assisting in the spiritual development of the Rawhide youth.
The resident youth care worker role can be an excellent springboard into various careers at Rawhide. Many of our current staff started as a RYCW and are now a Unit Administrators, Professional Youth Care Workers, Youth Home Managers, Human Resources Generalists/Directors, Academic Instructors, and Job Trainers.
- Strong personal commitment to Biblical values with an ability to display these values in an exemplary moral lifestyle
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, ministry, criminal justice, sociology, social work, or other behavioral science field
- Ability to relate to an aggressive teen who has been in trouble with the law
- Assertive, self-confident, and sensitive in working with teens and staff
- Ability to work under authority of House Parents
- Organized and dependable
- Administrative/documentation skills
- Possess a valid driver's license, without restrictions (except for glasses) and have a good driving record
- Demonstrate spiritual, social, emotional, and intellectual maturity
- Must be at least 21 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent