Alternative Education Instructor
- Expired: October 13, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Work at Rawhide and make a difference every day.
We are looking for passionate, caring and hardworking individuals who feel a calling to help Rawhide transform the lives of at-risk youth. At Rawhide, you will find opportunities for personal and professional career development, a great benefit package, and the fulfillment of knowing the impact that your efforts will have on the lives of youth.
Rawhide Youth Services is looking for an Alternative Education Instructor to support Rawhide's school (Starr Academy).
Note: Starr Academy operates year-round rather than the traditional school year. As such, this position will be year-round.
Essential Job Functions for Alternative Education Instructor:
- Developing individualized learning plans for students that are developmentally appropriate
- Creating a safe and engaging classroom environment with clear expectations
- Providing academic and behavioral support to students
- Monitoring and reporting student progress and learning
Education/Skills for Alternative Education Instructor:
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field of education
- Valid Wisconsin teaching license (1801 - Cross-Categorical Special Education or 1830 - Emotional Behavior Disabilities, required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire to work with at-risk youth
- Ability to contribute to a strong team environment
- Prior teaching experience (Prior teaching experience with at-risk youth preferred)
- Ability to de-escalate youth including the use of therapeutic physical intervention when needed
- Ability to lift 50lbs
Rawhide Youth Services Benefit Overview:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Competitive 401k plan
- Flexible Schedule
- Onsite Nurse
- Onsite Cafe and Coffee Shop
- Nature Trails/Waterfront Access on 700+ acres
- Onsite Fitness Center and Gym
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Development Program
- Jury Duty Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Paid Benefits for Birth or Adoption
It is the policy of Rawhide Youth Services, Inc. to comply with the equal opportunity policy and
standards of the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, the Department of Health
Services and the Department of Workforce Development and all applicable state and federal
statutes and regulations relating to nondiscrimination in employment and service delivery.
Rawhide Youth Services
AddressNew London, WI
Get fresh Education Instructor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.