- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Ravn Alaska Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic is responsible for ensuring company equipment, facilities, and grounds are aesthetically pleasing and well maintained, which includes traveling to remote airport locations. The GSE Mechanic also performs preventative maintenance in addition to addressing unexpected issues that may arise and will spend most of their time in an industrial shop environment or at a project site. Other responsibilities aligned with Ravn Alaska Core Values include but are not limited to:
- Upholding safety by ensuring all activities are performed in accordance with applicable regulations, company standards, and procedures;
- Demonstrating commitment through efficiently completing equipment and facility maintenance and repair tasks as directed, ensuring all work is performed to the highest standards, traveling as needed to remote airport locations;
- Promoting proactive integrity when reporting safety hazard concerns, hazards, near misses, incidents, and accidents using the company’s safety reporting system and actively participating in Safety Management System (SMS) activities, including SMS training, promotional activities, and initiatives;
- Embodying the spirit of connectedness by promoting a positive Safety Culture with co-workers, following accident prevention procedures, and supporting the organization in compliance with the Safety Management System (SMS);
- Establishing reliability through planning and preparing for the assigned maintenance task as thoroughly as possible to minimize delays to operations, communicating progress and any challenges with appropriate management;
- Promoting commitment by engaging in courteous and respectful interactions with customers, supervisors, co-workers, and business associates.
The successful candidate has a background in mechanical work as well as facilities maintenance, with a desire to learn new techniques and share knowledge with team members. Other qualifications include:
- Must possess High School Diploma/GED, with a preference for trade school education.
- Must have at least two years’ experience performing mechanical and facilities work, preferably in the airline industry.
- Must have strong knowledge and troubleshooting abilities in the areas of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and similar specialties.
- Must have a strong troubleshooting capabilities and planning skills.
- Must be able to safely lift 70 lbs. on a consistent basis.
- Must be able to travel extensively without restriction throughout Alaska, working in variant climates and environments.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule with overtime assigned when the operation dictates.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must have basic computer skills, with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) experience highly preferred.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and adapt to fluctuating workloads and shifting priorities associated with a fast-paced environment.
- Must be familiar with or able to quickly familiarize self with Airport Operations Manual (AOM) and applicable contents related to this position.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a public setting, while maintaining focus around multiple employees and distractions.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination by date of hire unless already employed by Northern Pacific Airways Inc. dba Ravn Alaska.
- Must have a strong safety awareness and the ability to adhere to Safety Management Systems (SMS), while knowledge of risk assessment and mitigation is highly desired.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be comfortable working in an airport environment around odors, substances, and sounds typically associated with operating aircraft.
Ravn Alaska hires brilliant team members who exemplify and identify with our Core Values: Safety. Commitment. Integrity. Connectedness. Reliability. To reach new heights with Ravn Alaska, apply today!
TravelView all jobs at Ravn Alaska