HR Generalist & Payroll Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Ravinia® is both North America’s longest-running not-for-profit music festival and its most artistically diverse. Over 100 different events by a mix of classical, rock, pop, jazz, R&B, indie, and country performers make up a typical summer season on our two open-air and two indoor stages. Each year the Chicago Symphony Orchestra is featured in six weeks of concerts, many with Chief Conductor Marin Alsop. During the same summer months, the Ravinia Steans Music Institute provides young professional classical and jazz musicians with career-advancing training and concert settings.
Offstage and year-round, Ravinia’s Reach Teach Play education programs engage 75,000 children and adults—in schools with little to no music curriculum, in our Chicagoland communities, and at our 36-acre park—in our mission to make music equitably accessible to all.
Ravinia embraces diversity in all forms and is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive environment for all staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and community members. Ravinia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals of all identities and abilities to apply.Job Description
Ravinia is seeking an HR Generalist & Payroll Specialist responsible for processing payroll and benefits administration to join our team. Additionally, if you have a passion for helping other people, this is an excellent opportunity to learn more about Human Resources by working closely with the director.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Administer employee benefits programs, including health and life insurance, COBRA, pension, deferred compensation, worker’s compensation, unemployment, and wellness programs.
- Manage open enrollment for approximately 75 benefit-eligible employees; conduct info sessions when needed.
- Serve as point of contact for staff questions regarding payroll and benefits; prepare and distribute related communications.
- Manage the onboarding process in ADP (payroll system) for new employees.
- Manage ADP registration, password help, and questions for employees.
- Support training and other projects for staff with the director of HR.
Payroll and Benefits Processes
- Manage the payroll process for non-union (bi-weekly), union (weekly), and contracted teaching artists (50-100 contracts, bi-weekly).
- Payroll process increases for summer seasonal staff (May - September) by 400 - 500 hourly employees.
- Enter employee changes; verify and import hours; calculate and code union benefit payments; prepare journal entries for payroll and benefits.
- Prepare and file various IRS or government-required reports.
- Maintain ADP employee portal, including relevant communications, documents, open enrollment, and time-off tracking, with the support of the HR Director.
- Maintain various time off benefit balances and accruals for approximately 75 benefit-eligible employees.
- Verify the accuracy of health insurance bills and provide account code distribution to the Finance department.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of related work experience (payroll, benefits, office administration, calculations, analytics, answering employee questions, or resolving payroll issues).
- Knowledge of working with payroll software, experience with ADP is a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail and mathematical calculation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, people-focused approach.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or Google Suite.
Benefits: Excellent health and welfare benefits, including time off, flexible schedule, employee season lawn pass, participating in Employee Resource Groups, and learning opportunities.
- Embrace and actively support Ravinia’s culture of integrity, professionalism, collaboration, mutual respect, and customer focus.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a service-oriented environment.
- HR work schedules are flexible during the summer Ravinia season (May - September) for onboarding and offboarding.
- Office is located at Ravinia, 418 Sheridan Rd. Highland Park, IL
Ravinia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Ravinia strongly believes that diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is essential to our success. We strive to create and sustain an equitable and inclusive environment for all our employees. Ravinia does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law. We encourage individuals of all identities and abilities to apply.
AddressHighland Park, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Ravinia