- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other powered industrial equipment. Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
· Connect and reposition stainless steel hoses to and from various equipment, including railcars VFR systems, bulk tankers as well as to packaging and blending applications.
· Conduct and maintain the maintenance of warehouse equipment.
· Make, prepare fill, and strap boxes following appropriate procedures.
· Maintain a clean working environment by performing general housekeeping indoors and outdoors, as well as follow safety policies.
· Perform lab duties including testing for melt and density, running film through extruder, prepare plaques and record data following appropriate procedures.
· Collect samples from railcars, boxes and bags following appropriate procedures.
· Provide bulk truck drivers with sample of material being shipped and ensure material was tested for proper melt/density results and that all data was properly recorded.
· Collect and test samples from material received in bulk trucks prior to unloading to determine appropriate designation for storing.
· Perform any additional tasks given by Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Knowledge of warehouse and packaging equipment
· Forklift experience, preferred.
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Able to follow instructions given for daily tasks.
· Considerate and respectful to coworkers.
· Good math, language, and reading skills
· Basic computer skills may be required
High School Diploma/GED
· Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot and stand for long periods of time.
· Climb on and off equipment repeatedly
· Ability to work in varying temperatures and climate condition, depending upon season
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience, and therefore must be adaptable to.
1. Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, with/or without the use of a private office.
2. Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
Physical Requirements / Demands
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to communicate verbally, read and comprehend information, type on a consistent and daily basis.
2. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
Ravago Holdings America, Inc. (RHA), distributes producer branded prime, private label generic prime, off-grade and reprocessed products in North and South America through various subsidiaries. RHA serves more than 6,000 customers through 152 marketers in 91 locations. It distributes through various channels in all major geographies including North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. The Company has a robust technical and logistics infrastructure to manage global supply, delivery and customer service. The Company is recognized as the founder of the Resale business in North America and is part of the Ravago Group, the worlds largest distributer and reseller of plastic resins, rubber raw materials and hydrocarbon assets.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Ravago Americas