PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Senior Accountant is responsible for completing assigned functions within the department. This position will be responsible for preparing and reviewing month end journal entries, reports, ensuring balance sheet accuracy, preparing analysis and required reporting. The Senior Accountant is responsible for overseeing assigned staff accountants to ensure that work is completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position will be responsible for validating the accuracy of account balances and provide practical solutions for problems that arise. This position involves tight deadlines and accounting activities including general ledger and year-end audit preparation. This individual must demonstrate the ability to proceed and follow through with action plans, solution implementation and improvements with minimal monitoring from upper management.
· Ensure accurate and timely monthly and year-end close.
· Prepare and record standard monthly journal entries as assigned.
· Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
· Prepare and record top-side elimination entries and adjustments as needed.
· Prepare and submit internal/external reporting as required monthly.
· Prepare and maintain monthly account reconciliations as assigned.
· Prepare various account roll forwards and supporting schedules.
· Prepare and submit required governmental surveys as necessary.
· Respond to inquiries from external auditors in connection with year-end audit.
· Assist with special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelors in Accounting or Finance.
· Minimum 3 years of experience working in an accounting role within a corporate environment.
· Microsoft Office including advanced Excel required.
· Ability to work in fast paced and changing environment.
· Experience using JD Edwards and Dynamics a plus.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files and storage boxes, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. This role would require up to 15% domestic and international travel by plane; a valid driver’s license and the ability to work in a warehouse environment including exposure to dust and environments other than room temperature.