- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Position of the purchasing assistant is responsible for supporting business operations by ordering chemicals and containers. The duties include maintaining relationship with suppliers, placing orders based on current inventory needs and tracking shipments from supplier’s locations to JFS warehouses or customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with the Purchasing Manger to run the purchasing department
- Build relationships with suppliers and manufacturers mainly for containers
- Evaluate stock levels for packaging in Portland and Kent
- Place purchase orders and arrange freight
- Monitor open purchase orders for updates and backorders to communicate to other employees
- Maintain all UN documentation for container and linked to items
- Source new products (containers) when customer requests or supply chain is interrupted
- Source replacement products when current items have been discontinued
- Create inventory part number to include costs, landed costs, weights and NMFC shipping numbers
- Deal with freight carriers on damaged product or incorrect freight charges
- Communicate to manufacturers customer claims of defective product
- Work with sales and customer service on customer forecasts when not consistent
- Receive inbound product, verify quantities, costs and address any freight
- Assist customer service when needed
- Work with warehouse personnel on inventory issues
- Share managing of all inbound email to purchasing and respond
- Work with Purchasing Manager on stock transfers of inventory between warehouses
- Include notes in the ERP system to assist customer service in product knowledge
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good Customer service skills to collaborate with different departments
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to use an ERP system
- High School diploma
- Two years of experience in a purchasing position
- In-depth knowledge of purchasing functions, inventory and supply management systems
- Strong organizational skills
Ravago Holdings America, Inc. (RHA), distributes producer branded prime, private label generic prime, off-grade and reprocessed products in North and South America through various subsidiaries. RHA serves more than 6,000 customers through 152 marketers in 91 locations. It distributes through various channels in all major geographies including North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. The Company has a robust technical and logistics infrastructure to manage global supply, delivery and customer service. The Company is recognized as the founder of the Resale business in North America and is part of the Ravago Group, the worlds largest distributer and reseller of plastic resins, rubber raw materials and hydrocarbon assets.
BusinessView all jobs at Ravago Americas
Get fresh Assistant Purchasing Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.