Leading logistics company seeks a Business Intelligence Developer to contribute to its growing business needs. This includes both maintenance and enhancements of its business systems and processes.
This position requires an individual who can independently lead the design, development and implementation of solutions that will solve issues and meet business requirements. The incumbent should be able extract and analyze data from databases, warehouses using appropriate programming tools, identify root cause of issues. The candidate is should also be able to present findings using business intelligence tools, prepare dashboards, KPI displays and to recommend if existing business processes, applications should be enhanced or if new functionality needs to be developed or purchased.
- Support and enhance core enterprise systems and desktop applications including monitoring system performance, applications uptime and minimizing downtime.
- Enhance, adapt and optimize business systems in support of growing strategic and tactical needs.
- Hands on experience using SQL and other tools to extract, scrub, analyze and present data to business partners and senior management
- Hands on experience using commercial BI tools to develop deep insight reports, dashboards and analytics applications used by internal and external business partners and senior management
- Works closely with internal and external business partners for reporting and systems enhancements.
- Monitor process and software changes that impact production support, and update/enhance systems and tools accordingly.
- Strong team emphasis and relationship building skills; create effective partnerships with business, shared services and other IT support areas
- Bachelor's degree, plus 6-8 years of relevant work experience required
- Transportation industry or supply chain background is a plus
- Superior analytical, data analysis, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Strong Experience with SQL, Business Intelligence and ETL Development
- Experience with VBA and Excel
- Strong Experience developing standalone and embedded SQL scripts to produce on-demand and scheduled custom reports and data sets
- Strong analysis, design and debugging capabilities
- Experience using SDLC methodologies within software design, coding and testing
- Use of software tools to prototype data structures, process and system functionality (screens, reports, audit logs), data validation and storage logic.
- Good understanding of MS Project and/or other project management tools