Armed Security Officer
Virginia Beach, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Role and Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Respond to emergencies or abnormal situations at our facilities
- When confronted with a significant adverse situation or emergency, foster de-escalation and/or appropriate escalation including the possibility of armed response
- Ongoing training to maintain proficiency using protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons
- Guard and control access to our facilities, including registration and escorting of personnel or guests
- Screen visitors, incoming packages and mail, etc.
- Prevent unauthorized access and patrol entries, exits and parking
- Prevent damage to our assets and/or facilities by the action or inaction of others
- Monitor and report incidents and status, providing for the security and safety of property and personnel
- Perform periodic tours to check protection status and report noteworthy observations
- Assist with safety measures in response to incidents (fire, medical emergency, bomb threats, flooding, inclement weather, or other incidents)
- US Citizenship (authorized to work in the USA)
- Able to obtain a concealed carry permit
- Proficiency with computers and software (using the Internet / web apps)
- Prior experience safeguarding people or assets
- Able to Qualify for required licensing and training for utilization of firearms
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Experience using Apple productivity apps (a Mac-friendly person)
- Several positive personal or professional references
Physical, Environmental and Cognitive Requirements:
- Seeing, hearing, and communicating (speaking and writing) effectively.
- Reaching with arms and hands, kneeling, crawling and crouching along with frequent standing, walking, and sitting, which may include extended periods of time; Climbing stairs and/or walking up inclines, and regularly traversing uneven or technical terrain; Lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and sometimes lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
Licensing and Permit Requirements:
- A Virginia State driver's license (motor vehicle license) is required
- Any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for private security officers and armed security work, and specific protective device and weapons qualifications are also required to be maintained by any individual in this position
- Prior military or law enforcement service
- Experience operating a CT or X-Ray screening system
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Evidence of a natural inclination to protect
Compensation and Experience:
- Pay commensurate with prior experience
We conduct advanced technical research and develop innovative software and systems that help meet network security and reliability challenges for organizations world-wide. We value a strong work ethic, professionalism, dedication to quality customer service and a friendly attitude.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressVirginia Beach, VA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?