The Marketing Specialist Intern supports the development and implementation of marketing and communication strategies and a full range of activities to support Vicinity Energy’s vision, strategy and growth initiatives. This position conducts appropriate marketing and competitive research and analysis; supports strategic accounts and sales activities; develops and edits written and visual content (including graphics, video, and photographs) for website and digital channels (including social media, email, search engine optimization and digital ads); deploys marketing communication campaigns; builds and strengthens the Vicinity Energy brand; and measures the effectiveness of activities to drive continuous improvement. This is a remote hourly position and reports directly to our Director of Marketing.
1. Writes and/or produces internal and external content, sales collateral and marketing material, including client presentations, ads, brochures, video, content marketing, web pages, social media, print, live events and other media.
2. Helps manage calendars and implementation for content marketing and social media programs.
3. Support the development and implementation of social media on all channels (writing, scheduling, measurement)
4. Supports work with key industry organizations, overseeing participation in conference and brand-building activities such as trade shows and client education/entertainment events, including planning, pre-event promotion and post-conference follow-up.
5. Supports lead-generation activities using Microsoft CRM.
6. Supports digital content marketing campaigns, web and digital strategy by identifying and/or writing stories and other necessary content.
7. Keeps up to speed on key competitors in markets served.
8. Tracks and measures the effectiveness of activities using analytics available in Microsoft CRM and/or other appropriate and available tools, ensuring all leads generated through marketing activities are captured.
9. Ensures all materials are produced in compliance with company brand standards.
10. Supports Marketing & Communications team members, projects, and initiatives, as needed
11. Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, PR, English, Journalism or related field required.
2. Marketing experience in B2B or B2C environments with emphasis in communications, marketing and sales support a plus
3. Collaborative and creative team player with drive for innovation and continuous improvement of systems, processes, and tools.
4. Self-starter with strong organization, project management, time management, and problem-solving abilities.
5. Exceptional verbal, writing, editing & proofing skills, including experience writing copy for web, social and email.
6. Proficient in the social space and all of its platforms, including, but not limited to LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and others.
7. Familiar with Search Engine Optimization and Search Marketing.
8. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
9. Builds excellent working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
10. Successfully works on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
11. Synthesizes and integrates large amounts of data into concise, compelling deliverables.
12. Pays close attention to detail and takes pride in work products.
13. Uses discretion in handling confidential or sensitive business information or issues.
14. Willing to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
1. This is a remote position.
Rapid Resource Recruiters