- Posted: over a month ago
About Our Company
It’s not just a job. It’s a mission. If you’re as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then you’ll be right at home with us.
Rapid Finance is the nation's leading provider of alternative financing solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. When traditional sources of funding are beyond reach, we open doors for small business owners. By providing access to opportunity capital, Rapid Finance helps growing businesses achieve their goals and reach even higher.
Our company is expanding. We are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Let us invest in you.
Ranked in The Washington Post Top Work Places for 2019!
About the Opportunity
Rapid Finance is seeking a motivated software professional with outstanding attention to detail to join our Development team as a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer. The QA Engineer is responsible for improving the quality of a variety of software applications by creating and executing test cases, including manual and automated testing.
The individual in this role will interact with developers, business analysts and end users to create the appropriate test scenarios and support documents. The role will also imply being the first tier of technical support for end users and lead user demo/training sessions. This candidate must be able to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality, and s/he will be expected to be able to work independently and with minimal guidance at times. Individual creativity and initiative are very important. We are seeking a team member who will be committed to the success of our company and bring a “do whatever it takes to get the job done” attitude to the team and to the work. As an agile organization, we schedule our releases for every four weeks and have an “all hands on deck” approach to every production publish.
A day in the life of the QA Engineer may include:
- Performing functional, regression, integration, smoke and user acceptance testing.
- Developing and maintaining test procedure documents.
- Detecting software quality issues, reporting and tracking them to resolution.
- Participating in the testing of production emergency bug fixes.
- Providing first tier of functional help desk support to internal and external software users.
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to monitor software use and possible issues.
- Facilitating and leading Stakeholder demo sessions.
- Helping to create and lead user training session
This position will be located at our home office in Bethesda, MD.
- You have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in technology, science or mathematics related majors. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- You have three to five years of experience with quality assurance methodologies for web applications as well as analyzing system and application failures and bugs.
- Programming language: Java
- Testing tool: Selenium WebDriver
Testing framework: Cucumber
Repository: Git and Azure DevOps
CICD tool: Jenkins
Framework Design Pattern: Page Object model
- You have two to three years of automation experience.
- Prior experience with the following are preferred:
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Web Services and SQL
- Requirements and specifications documentation analyses
- Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid SDLC environment knowledge
- Selenium and Python knowledge for Automation Testing
- Net development environment
- You have outstanding verbal communication skills, demonstrated by your ability to lead user training sessions and effectively present information in a clear and concise manner.
- You efficiently identify and solve problems, demonstrating the ability to identify a problem, gather information, and quickly recommend or implement a solution.
Sound like you? You’ll be a serious contender if:
- You are adaptable. You can be flexible and embrace working in a fun & exciting team environment. Expect a fast pace, energy and the occasional flying ping pong ball.
- You want to make an impact. We are a rapidly growing business, and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our clients, our culture, and our future.
- You share our passion for the small businesses of America and have a desire to be part of something bigger than yourself.
The Disclaimer: This description is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified by a variety of similar adjectives at any time by the leadership team.
Why Rapid Finance?
Rapid Finance seeks the best and brightest. To us, finding and keeping A-talent is as important as closing a million-dollar deal. That’s just one of the reasons why we have been so successful, growing more than 20 percent every year.
Our team benefits from a commuting or parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, every Monday working from home and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful new office includes a modern open floor plan, free on-site fitness center, a gaming area, stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
Discover what a career with Rapid Finance can do for you. Visit our careers page today to learn more about the other opportunities we currently have available.
Rapid Finance is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Rapid Finance