QA Engineer (Milestone Technology)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
QA Engineer (Milestone Technology)
About Our Company
This is an opportunity for the best of both worlds between being on the ground floor of an exciting opportunity and joining an established and successful technology team. You would be joining forces with the technology team of our sister company, Rapid Finance, to work on an internal suite of products as well as build brand new commercial off the shelf products using the latest Microsoft technology stack.
About the Opportunity
The QA Engineer is responsible for improving the quality of a variety of software applications by creating and executing tests, with potential exposure to automation. The individual in this role will interact with developers, business analysts and end users to create the appropriate test scenarios, use case documents and support documents. The role will also imply being the second tier of technical support for end users and leading stakeholder demonstration sessions.
The candidate must be great at multi-tasking and being able to work without a lot of specific directions at times. Individual creativity and initiative are very important.
Our engineers will have the option to work from our Bethesda, MD office or remotely from one of the following states: AZ, NC, MD, VA, DC, NJ, MI, GA, TX, OH, and FL.
Responsibilities will include
- Perform functional, regression, integration, sanity, and ad-hoc testing
- Analyze business system requirements and develop test procedure documents
- Detect software quality issues, report and track them to resolution
- Participate in the testing of production emergency bug fixes
- Provide second tier of functional help desk support to internal and external software users
- Actively participate in the daily scrum meetings and bring up issues that create obstacles for QA.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in technology, science, or mathematics-related majors or proven equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience with SDLC methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Have a minimum 1 year experience with quality assurance methodologies for web applications
- Have a minimum 1 year experience analyzing system and application failures and bugs
- Experience with requirements and specifications documentation
- Exposure to AzureDevops and/or TFS (Team Foundation Server) tools is preferred
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, outgoing with excellent communications skills, has high integrity, and excellent research skills
Automation QA Engineer should have additional skills below:
- Advanced Java programming knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Java-based frameworks and ability to design frameworks
- Hands-on experience using Selenium web driver
- Proven experience of working with source control tools like GitLab/GitHub
- Proven experience of using Jenkins for CI/CD
Why Milestone Technology?
We are excited to have you join our amazing team, great company culture and broad range of benefits including a technology allowance for team members to acquire exciting new tech items, online training subscriptions, and discretionary yearly bonuses.
At Milestone, our mentality is to always move quickly and creatively, keep teams small and flexible and always tackle complex problems in unique ways. We believe in a flat organization where everyone could take on new responsibilities, wear multiple hats and interact with members of the leadership team. Unlike a consulting engagement which can be a bit alienating, there isn’t a project or a finite engagement that is limited in scope. We are building a successful technology company together, that comes across in our approach and in everything we do.
Milestone Technology is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Rapid Finance
Get fresh Senior Quality Assurance Technologist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.