Legal Collections Specialist (Corporate)
Rapid Finance Bethesda, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Legal Collections Specialist – **This position is full-time, W-2 only!!
About Our Company
It’s not just a job. It’s a mission. If you’re as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then you’ll be right at home with us.
Rapid Finance is the nation's leading provider of alternative financing solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. When traditional sources of funding are beyond reach, we open doors for business owners, providing access to the working capital that they need. With Rapid Finance, growing businesses can achieve their goals and reach even higher.
Our company is expanding into the future, and growing rapidly. We are aggressively investing in our people and technology as we aim to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Let us invest in YOU!
- Rapid Finance won The Washington Post’s Top Work Places 2020!
- Rapid Finance is ranked by Best & Brightest Nationally as Top Work Places 2020!
About the Opportunity
Rapid Finance is looking for a Collections Specialist to join our Legal team that will be responsible for tracking down businesses who owe money from overdue loan repayments. Individuals with a strong investigative mindset who are able to research accounts, build rapport with our clients, analyze complex documentation, and identify fraudulent activities or documentation are encouraged to apply. This position will be located at our home office in Bethesda, Maryland.
A day in the life of our Legal Collections Team may include:
- Utilize various skip tracing techniques and collection strategies to locate right parties in order to negotiate payment arrangements on charge-off accounts
- Transferring data from outside collection agencies systems to Rapid's system
- Analyzing accounts for future collection efforts
- Determine suitability of judgment accounts for legal action
- Successfully meet and exceed daily and monthly quotas
- Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to assist in mitigating company losses
- Utilize your phenomenal sales skills to negotiate payment arrangements with our delinquent merchants
- Document merchant account with accurate description of conversations with merchant, their representatives, or other related person that references merchant account
- You have experience in legal collections, business to business collections preferred; financial services industry a plus
- You possess the desire to work hard. We do whatever it takes to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients while protecting our business.
- You have prior collections experience in commercial lending or demonstrate the ability to successfully complete our training program.
- You have a professional and articulate phone demeanor, remaining calm and diplomatic in high-pressure situations.
- You also have excellent written communication skills.
- You possess strong negotiation and skip tracing skills.
- You have solid working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and other office equipment (scanner, fax, copier).
- You pride yourself on your ability to identify and correct errors, capture all of the relevant details, and get things done on time.
- You have a bachelor's degree or the equivalent experience.
Sound like you? You’ll be a serious contender if:
- You are adaptable. You can be flexible and enjoy working in a team environment. Expect a fast pace, energy, and the occasional flying ping pong ball.
- You want to make an impact. We are a rapidly growing business, and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our clients, our culture, and our future.
- You share our passion for the small businesses of America and have a desire to be part of something bigger than yourself.
Why Rapid Finance?
Rapid Finance seeks the best and brightest. To us, finding and keeping A-talent is as important as closing a million-dollar deal. That’s just one of the reasons why we have been so successful, growing more than 20 percent every year.
Our team benefits from a commuting or parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful new office includes a modern open floor plan, free on-site fitness center, gaming areas, stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
Rapid Finance is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Rapid Finance