Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Rapid Finance Bethesda, MD
- Posted: 18 days ago
Business Intelligence Analyst
Rapid Finance has a dynamic and challenging opportunity for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our community. In this role, you’ll be responsible for design, development, and implementation of Data Warehouse and BI programs to provide insights that drive effective business decisions. The position ensures the necessary department data is available for use, either through the corporate data warehouse or by direct extraction from the source. If you want to help us harness the power of data to propel us into the future, we’d love to chat with you.
The ideal candidate will work with stakeholders including senior leadership, program management, project teams, and end users to identify requirements in support of business visualization objectives. Leverage data visualization tools and techniques to design, develop, and implement comprehensive automated solutions that support decision making and sector requirements. Maintain and enhance existing visualization solutions currently in use throughout the sector. The BI Analyst must have the ability to translate business requirements into logical data models and data requirements. You will be the data expert responsible for retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources, identifying key indicators and actionable insights, and effectively communicating the most important information to drive decisions.
A day in the life of the Business Intelligence Analyst may include:
- Partner with business teams to consult, provide solution to implement data solutions, KPI’s, automated reporting/process solutions and data related improvements, streamline data migration by working closely with our data engineers to meet business needs.
- Design, develop, and evaluate recurring and ad hoc reporting / dashboards in Power BI to drive and monitor the business and our products using best practices in data visualization and reporting tools.
- Present recommendations to identify BI related workflows and sequencing events for automating and streamlining reports
- Configure data mart schemas within the data warehouse per the specifications of the BI Development team
- Identify source data in transactional systems
- Lead analytics for the Marketing team by developing key performance indicators, analyzing and reporting out on the performance of key growth and marketing metrics to gauge trends, benchmarks, and performance of growth strategies, as well as derive value by analyzing customer data and identifying marketing opportunities.
- Document the characteristics of the data, such as size, cardinality, completeness, and quality to ensure that product delivery meets requirements.
- Support Sales and Client Service by studying product usage patterns, proactively identifying customers who may be under-utilizing products or functionality, and identifying new customers.
- Develop and deploy ETL scripts to extract data from source systems and populate data marts according to predefined specifications.
- Synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action
- Analyze data on existing customer characteristics and campaign performance to enable continuous refinement of data-driven engagement marketing strategies.
- Create visualizations, Dashboards and reports for requested projects
- Perform queries to validate the accuracy and completeness of ETL scripts and BI applications
- Develop optimization strategies to minimize data reload time
- Monitor data quality, analytics and metrics results
- Turn data into actionable insight
- B.A./B.S. from an accredited university in Mathematics, Marketing Analytics, Information Systems, Business Information Technology, Economics; Computer Science, Statistics or a similar quantitative related field. Master’s degree in these disciplines are preferred.
- 6+ years of professional data analysis experience and DW/BI projects
- You have strong knowledge of AI/Machine Learning, data architectures, statistical techniques, and statistical computer languages.
- Experience or education in banking deposits, loan instruments, accounting (general ledger systems), Marketing or MCIF (Marketing Information Customer file) systems experience or corporate finance is a plus
- Thorough understanding of the following specific tools/technologies – Tableau, SQL, Python, MS PowerBI, IC Databases, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, including the skills to query database and recognize performance opportunities of reports/queries
- Familiarity with Agile Development methodology and Kimball SDLC
- Self-motivated with the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills (Technical Writing experience is a plus). Comfortable and experienced in one-on-one interviews and leading small meetings
- Strong analysis, communications, interpersonal skills, and project management skills are essential
- Problem Solver – Someone who makes recommendations by identifying the problem, collaborating with stakeholders and business process owners to solve complicated issues with sustainable processes and systems, with written documentation and follow up to test the implemented solution
- Highly Organized – Ideal candidate will become a subject matter expert on all corporate data and be able to provide information upon request.
Technical skills required:
- Proven experience in ETL scripting and advanced knowledge of SQL, R, and Python
- Experience in both E-R and dimensional data modeling
- Experience with data visualization platform such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau or DAX.
- Expertise in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or predictive modeling
- Experience with database synchronization, incremental/periodic data reload processes, data cleansing, database audit logs and metadata management
- Experience developing data marts for BI applications
- Experience or knowledge of QlikView, Qlik Sense, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Data Lake Analytics, SSRS, SSIS and Power BI is a plus.
We invite you to learn more about our business, and join our conversation at @LifeAtRapid
Discover what a career with Rapid Finance can do for you. Visit us today at rapidfinance.com/careers.
Rapid Finance is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Rapid Finance