Job is located in Los Osos, California - Come join our team! Rantec Power Systems Inc.
Rantec is an upper-tier designer and manufacturer of power supplies for the military and aerospace markets. We are an engineering-based company, with expertise in all aspects of power supply design, manufacturing and test.
Based in Los Osos, California, located along California's scenic Central Pacific coastline, Rantec offers many outstanding benefits! Just to name a few:
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits (i.e. Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA)
- Vacation - 2 weeks a year to start
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) (48 hours/yr)
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K with matching up to 6%,
- We have every other Friday off (9/80 schedule)
- Free lunch every other Friday (Pay Day)!
The Test Engineering team at Rantec is tasked with keeping the Production Test environment up and running smoothly to allow our Test Technicians to provide accurate and consistent results. When systems break, the Test Engineer ensures they get repaired quickly and correctly, and that all systems are checked regularly for accuracy. New products require new tests and new equipment. The Test Engineer designs the tests in cooperation with Product Engineering, and either creates the specifications or designs the automated test systems necessary. Every day will bring a variety of challenges that must be met with minimal supervision. From troubleshooting to electrical and mechanical design, your skills will be tested. You will have the opportunity to expand your skillset through formal training and through hands-on experience working beside other talented engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, including but, are not limited to the following:
- Support Production Test
- Troubleshoot test equipment issues and contribute to product issue discovery
- Guide Test and Test Engineering Technicians in the repair of test equipment
- Make complex repairs to damaged test equipment
- Support New Product Introduction
- Create test strategies for products still on the drawing board
- Evaluate customer test requirements with Product Engineering and create Test Plan documents
- Write product specifications and Statements of Work for new test fixtures and automated test systems
- Create engineering drawings for the production and modification of test equipment
- Work with Test Engineering Technicians to build and validate test fixtures
- Support Continuing Production
- Write and modify test scripts that control automated test equipment
- Review drawings, both internally-generated and from suppliers
- Participate in design reviews
- Write internal and customer-visible process change documentation
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or different shifts, as required.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA, State and Federal Regulations.
- As the Company’s success relies on the productivity of our team and adherence to customer product schedules, an essential function of this position is the ability to arrive to work on-time, and work each day, as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires access to our export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology and services. These items are restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S. and properly licensed foreign persons. Therefore, employment is contingent on compliance with ITAR regulations and successfully obtaining and maintaining the necessary export authorization license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of State’s Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
Education and Experience
- BSEE or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in electronics systems testing
- 1 to 3 years’ in power conversion systems testing
- Experience with advanced engineering design and analysis tools (Altium, SolidWorks)
- Demonstrated test software development ability with LabView
- Demonstrated ability to set up complex test instrumentation
- Ability to generate electrical schematics based on product and test requirement
- Ability to create and clearly document test processes for Technicians and customer
- Experience troubleshooting using advanced electronic measurement tools and equipment
- Soldering (IPC J-STD-001 certification)
- Electronics inspection (IPC A-610 certification)
- Test system calibration
- Experience with the MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
The physical demands described here are representative of those to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work within a factory environment, including moderate noise and chemical odors
- Moving between sitting, standing and walking
- Consistently lifting and handling up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus, with correction, if needed, to perform hand soldering and wiring of assemblies.
Rantec is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Why Work Here?
Great Benefits, work/life balance and lots of room for growth!
Los Angeles, CA