Come join our team! Rantec Power Systems Inc. is hiring for Sr. Test Technician!
Based in Los Osos, California, located along California's scenic Central Pacific coastline, Rantec offers many outstanding benefits! Just to name a few:
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits (i.e. Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA)
- Vacation - 2 weeks a year to start
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) (48 hours/yr)
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K with matching up to 6%,
- We have every other Friday off (9/80 schedule)
- Free lunch every other Friday (Pay Day)!
Rantec is located in Los Osos, California is an upper-tier designer and manufacturer of power supplies for the military and aerospace markets. We are an engineering-based company, with expertise in all aspects of power supply design, manufacturing and test.
The Production Test Team at Rantec is tasked with keeping product flowing from Manufacturing to the customer while catching items that do not meet customer specifications or Rantec standards for quality. It is when product fails a test or fails in operation that the Senior Test Technician steps to the front. As a Senior Test Technician, you will use your extensive skills in power conversion electronics and test processes to determine the cause of the failure and identify any consequential failures that must be corrected.
Rantec employs extensive automated test systems, but not all product can use these, and it take sophisticated skills to complete these tests accurately and consistently. The Senior Test Technician will perform manual or complex tests on low volume high value product in an efficient manner. You will have the opportunity to expand your skill set through formal training and through hands-on experience with other Senior Test Technicians and Electrical Engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, including but, are not limited to the following:
Troubleshoot failed power supplies and components
- Review test reports of failed power supplies
- Use a combination of automated and manual test processes to isolate the problem to a board or module
- Identify the failure whether a bad or incorrect component
- Identify any likely secondary damage
- Document, report, and track failure modes
- Report any trends noticed to the Test and Manufacturing Engineering teams
Conduct high-touch or complex test processes
- Conduct manual tests on legacy or low volume product where there are no automated tests
- Work with Test Engineering on first time run-throughs for new products, test fixtures, or processes
- Provide constructive feedback to Test Engineering on new processes and test documentation
- Conduct incoming material tests for non-standard or complex parts
- Assist the Test Supervisor and Director of Test in scheduling resources
- Provide additional Production Test coverage in times of high demand
- Report to Test Engineering any test systems that are not performing correctly or are providing suspicious results
- Work with other Test Technicians to ensure the Production Test and ESS areas remain clean and organized
- Work with Account Management to organize and prioritize testing of customer returned material
- Provide feedback to Engineering and Test Engineering on the testability of new product designs
- Assist the Test Supervisor in training new Test Technicians
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or different shifts, if needed.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA, State and Federal Regulations.
- As the Company’s success relies on the productivity of our team and adherence to customer product schedules, an essential function of this position is the ability to arrive to work on-time, and work each day, as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires access to our export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology and services. These items are restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S. and properly licensed foreign persons. Therefore, employment is contingent on compliance with ITAR regulations and successfully obtaining and maintaining the necessary export authorization license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of State’s Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent in Electronics Technology
- 3-5 years’ experience doing component-level troubleshooting of electronic systems
- Preferred - Soldering (IPC J-STD-001 certification)
- Preferred - Electronics inspection (IPC A-610 certification)
- Preferred - Test system calibration
The physical demands described here are representative of those to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work within a factory environment, including moderate noise and chemical odors
- Moving between sitting, standing and walking
- Ability to consistently lift 30 - 50 lbs with occasional 70 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus, with correction, if needed.
Rantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities