Rantec Power Systems Inc., is hiring for Sr. Buyer! Located in Los Osos, California Rantec is an upper-tier designer and manufacturer of power supplies for the military and aerospace markets. We are an engineering-based company, with expertise in all aspects of power supply design, manufacturing and test.
The Sr. Commodity Buyer is an experienced professional with a proficient understanding of electronic components used in military aerospace applications.
- This role requires a basic understanding of DFAR requirements and QMS policies managing the organization’s electronic component supply chain to support all aspects of development, production, and test activities in a high-mix, medium volume manufacturing environment.
- The Sr. Commodity Buyer must be able to communicate with both distributors and component manufacturers to quote, negotiate, place and monitor orders supporting the organization’s production schedule.
- Identify alternate sources of supply and develop suppliers as required.
- Support supplier qualification activities, bid and proposal efforts with quotations, cost and lead-time estimates.
- Utilize experience and knowledge to continually drive procurement activity towards lowest total experience cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but, are not limited to the following:
- Procure PCB’s, Magnetics and Mil-S19500 Components via Material Requirements Planning (MRP) – Generate and confirm purchase orders based on interpretation of MRP suggested orders. Upload and communicate Rantec MRP demand with key suppliers. Perform semi-autonomous internet–based ordering practices. Use and improve system-generated reports to optimize material flow and inventory levels.
- Generate non-MRP Purchase Orders (POs) – Create orders from non-MRP sources, including purchase requisitions, market cards, VMI, etc. Monitor Purchase Orders from issuance to receipt.
- Maintain Material Availability Information – Monitor electronic market component trends. Provide timely notification of known material supply issues. Monitor product change notifications; alert Rantec leadership of end-of-life notifications. Engage in end-of-life risk management activities making recommended last time buys (LTBs) and/or overseeing qualification efforts for alternate components identified by supply chain/engineering staff.
- Management of Commodities – Strategic management of specific commodities & supply base achieving lowest total cost of ownership. Maintain supplier performance metrics as required.
- Supplier Interface – Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with supply base. Maintain supplier contacts and historical quotes/costs. Negotiate Purchase Agreements utilizing favorable terms including lead-time, price, delivery, and payment.
- Support Supplier Quality – Assist Rantec Supplier Quality with the documentation and processing of corrective actions dealing with supplier performance-related issues. Balance responsibilities as the advocate for supplier while maintaining best interest of Rantec. Support the Quality department in executing Rantec Counterfeit Part Risk Mitigation policy and practices throughout the supply chain.
- Obtain Material Availability and Pricing Information for New Product – Support proposal efforts and development scheduling by maintaining material delivery and cost status information for new products. This activity may involve material tracking outside of the MRP system.
- Interface with Personnel from Various Departments – Assist organization by providing materials and supplies for daily operations as required. Create convincing, accurate management presentations demonstrating critical thinking.
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or different shifts, if needed.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA, State and Federal Regulations.
- As the Company’s success relies on the productivity of our team and adherence to customer product schedules, an essential function of this position is the ability to arrive to work on-time, and work each day, as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires access to our export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology and services.
- These items are restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S. and properly licensed foreign persons.
- Therefore, employment is contingent on compliance with ITAR regulations and successfully obtaining and maintaining the necessary export authorization license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of State’s Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years procurement experience with knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and reports
- Must have knowledge of electronic components
- Experience of product development and new product introduction a plus
- Knowledge of and established relationships with distributors and components manufacturers
- Ability to read and extract relevant information from engineering drawings
- Ability to successfully execute duties under pressure from deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to remain in a stationary position consistently and move about the inside of the facility to review and monitor progress of parts through production floor.
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as; calculator, copy machine, printers, etc.
- Frequently lifting and handling items less than 10 lbs with occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and the like to meetings and to access various facility locations.
Rantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities
Based in Los Osos, California, located along California's scenic Central Pacific coastline.
Rantec offers competitive wages and great benefits including but not limited to: Medical (PPO, HSA), Dental, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, PTO, Tuition Assistance, 401K with matching bi-weekly contributions up to 6%, Profit Sharing, Flexible Spending Accounts, Peer-to-Peer recognition and Years of Service Awards. We have Vanpool availability and we are on the 9/80 alternative work week schedule providing every other Friday off and we have a free catered lunch on the Friday/payday that we work.
Why Work Here?
Great Benefits, work/life balance and lots of room for growth!
Los Osos, CA