Come join our team! Rantec Power Systems Inc. is seeking an experienced Production Manager.
Based in Los Osos, California, located along California's scenic Central Pacific coastline, Rantec offers many outstanding benefits! Just to name a few:
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits (i.e. Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA)
- Vacation - 2 weeks a year to start
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) (48 hours/yr)
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K with matching up to 6%,
- We have every other Friday off (9/80 schedule)
- Free lunch every other Friday (Pay Day)!
Rantec is an upper-tier designer and manufacturer of power supplies for the military and aerospace markets. We are an engineering-based company, with expertise in all aspects of power supply design, manufacturing and test.
The Production Manager will ensure that production produces product safely, on-time, efficiently and to a high level of quality; building capability and capacity across multiple products. Production Manager will have supervisory responsibility of Sub Assembly, which will include a reporting structure of 4 – 6 Supervisors and 50 Indirect personnel. Tasks include; assembly training, employee growth, area/cell planning, capacity analysis, quality, efficiency, on-time delivery and budget performance. Understand and manage the cells in accordance with Rantec’s business requirements. Provide leadership, mentoring and develop personnel growth plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure status of production is known, communicated and monitored against schedule. Production issues are properly identified and escalated to closure. Provide daily production status updates with recovery dates. Provide Work Order starts, and completions with visibility and are measurable.
- Ensure Assemblers are trained to perform the work assigned, able to identify deficiencies, anticipate future needs and have a training plan in place. Ensure training is up to date for all operators.
- Deploy trained and available assemblers to lines.
- Provide recognition of production employees’ contributions to continuous improvement.
- Ensure production has technical and organizational support in order to complete work orders.
- Identify Supervisors/Line Leads for every production line.
- Provide support resources (e.g. documents, work instructions, tools, engineering consulting, training) are available to the Supervisors/Line Leads to facilitate the completion of their work.
- Make certain production floor is clean, organized and compliant to regulatory standards. Specified FOD & ESD protocols are established and are inherent in all production activities. Safety procedures are in place and all personnel are trained.
- Provide good, constructive and timely feedback to Supervisors/Line Leads/Assemblers to improve skills and product output.
- Oversee Labor Time entry is properly and accurately recorded to support costing and payroll.
- Create and execute manufacturing training plans for assembler personnel. Identify and train employees on needed skills which are impacting cost, quality, and delivery. Create and update Rantec Training Courses for assemblers. Proactively plan Rantec skilled training based on production group.
- Balance production cell sizes; and shift DL employees around based on the needs of production.
- Update and coordinate schedules for machines, chambers, or equipment which may have capacity constraints. Give input into the manufacturing master scheduling process in terms of how production resources should be best used.
- Provide coordination of continuous improvement between production floor and manufacturing engineering.
- Support production when issues are discovered and define the problem enough to communicate to Operations team.
- Provide leadership development of production supervisors and production assembler to ensure their continued growth is successful.
- Provide good, constructive, timely feedback to improve skills and product output to assemblers (in coordination with Supervisors).
- Support celebrating Rantec successes within the manufacturing groups.
- Identify opportunities for employee retention.
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or different shifts, as required.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA, State and Federal Regulations.
- As the Company’s success relies on the productivity of our team and adherence to customer product schedules, an essential function of this position is the ability to arrive to work on-time, and work each day, as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires access to our export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology and services. These items are restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S. and properly licensed foreign persons. Therefore, employment is contingent on compliance with ITAR regulations and successfully obtaining and maintaining the necessary export authorization license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of State’s Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
- BS degree in Industrial Technology or Business Operations or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of Supervision / Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Ability to demonstrate sound reasoning skills (critical thinking) in risk assessment.
- Strong leadership capability; experience in supervising production personnel.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methods and SPC tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and Access, and MRP/ERP systems.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of employees as well as outside sources.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee needs to be able to sit, stand and move about the inside of the facility to manage the workforce.
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as; calculator, copy machine, printers, etc.
- Lifting and handling of boxes and/or materials up to a maximum of 50 pounds occasionally, and 25 pounds on a regular basis.
Rantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities