LOCATED IN LOS OSOS, CALIFORNIA. Relocation available.
Rantec Power Systems Inc. is hiring for Component Engineering. Come join our team!
Based in Los Osos, California, located along California's scenic Central Pacific coastline, Rantec offers many outstanding benefits, the following are a few:
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits - i.e. Medical (PPO, HSA), Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation - 2 weeks to start, Holidays, PTO (48 hours/yr)
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K with matching up to 6%,
- Peer-to-Peer recognition and Years of Service Awards.
- We have every other Friday off as we are on the 9/80 schedule
- Free catered lunch on the Friday/payday that we work.Voluntary overtime hours available.
Rantec is an upper-tier designer and manufacturer of power supplies for the military and aerospace markets. We are an engineering-based company, with expertise in all aspects of power supply design, manufacturing and test.
Responsible Engineer for managing components from parts selection, acceptance, qualification, obsolescence, and failure analysis. Essential Duties and Responsibilities, including, but, are not limited to the following:
- Researching, comparing, and selecting electronic components for new and existing products, packages and electronic subassemblies.
- Finding replacements for obsolete electrical components and updating current designs.
- Use of SiliconExpert for Bill of Material (BOM) obsolescence analysis tool for monitoring health of BOMs and active Rantec parts
- Providing electrical engineering support, particularly for component specs and selection, for power supply design in support of failure analysis and mitigating obsolescence.
- Performing calculations/analysis and evaluations in the application and design of electrical equipment and systems for industrial and commercial applications.
- Collaborating with process and manufacturing engineers in support of design for manufacturing and design for test
- Use of MRP and configuration management tools and updating product documentation to reflect design changes.
- Preparing business case analysis for obsolete components
- Be Point of Contact for Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and Procurement in resolving part issues; creating and revising internal standard part selection procedures for the group, technical evaluation of manufacturing issues/concerns, second sourcing and DMS.
- Travel as needed to visit suppliers
- Participate in review with customers
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or different shifts, as required.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA, State and Federal Regulations.
- As the Company’s success relies on the productivity of our team and adherence to customer product schedules, an essential function of this position is the ability to arrive to work on-time, and work each day, as scheduled
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
This position requires access to our export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology and services. These items are restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S. and properly licensed foreign persons. Therefore, employment is contingent on compliance with ITAR regulations and successfully obtaining and maintaining the necessary export authorization license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of State’s Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
EDUCATION AND Qualifications/Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering.
- 2-10 years applicable engineering experience
- Solid experience with specifications for, or failure analysis of high-reliability and/or commercial Electrical/Electronic piece parts
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex issues
- Possess good oral and written communication skills; and be self-motivated in performance of duties with limited supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Familiarity with tools used in managing obsolescence [i.e. Silicon Expert] to identify, forecast, and resolve obsolete component issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a team environment are required.
- Desirable to have Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design and manufacturing experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot electronics issues using scientific principles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee needs to be able to sit, stand and move about the inside of the facility.
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as; calculator, copy machine, printers, etc.
- Lifting and handling of boxes and/or materials up to a maximum of 25 pounds, and 15 pounds occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job; close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Rantec is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Why Work Here?
Great Benefits, work/life balance and lots of room for growth!