- Posted: 24 days ago
Rantec is hiring a Test Engineer. Relocation is supported!
Come join our team! Based in Los Osos, California, located along California's scenic Central Pacific coastline, Rantec offers many outstanding benefits, the following are a few:
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits - i.e. Medical (PPO, HSA), Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation - 2 weeks to start, Holidays, PTO (48 hours/yr)
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K with matching up to 6%,
- Peer-to-Peer recognition and Years of Service Awards.
- We have every other Friday off as we are on the 9/80 schedule
- Free catered lunch on the Friday/payday that we work.
Rantec is an upper-tier designer and manufacturer of power supplies for the military and aerospace markets. We are an engineering-based company, with expertise in all aspects of power supply design, manufacturing and test.
The Test Engineering team at Rantec is tasked with keeping the Production Test environment up and running smoothly to allow our Test Technicians to provide accurate and consistent results. When systems break, the Test Engineer ensures they get repaired quickly and correctly, and that all systems are checked regularly for accuracy. New products require new tests and new equipment. The Test Engineer designs the tests in cooperation with Product Engineering, and either creates the specifications or designs the automated test systems necessary. Every day will bring a variety of challenges that must be met with minimal supervision. From troubleshooting to electrical and mechanical design, your skills will be tested. You will have the opportunity to expand your skillset through formal training and through hands-on experience working beside other talented engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, including but, are not limited to the following:
- Support Production Test
- Troubleshoot test equipment issues and contribute to product issue discovery
- Guide Test and Test Engineering Technicians in the repair of test equipment
- Make complex repairs to damaged test equipment
- Support New Product Introduction
- Create test strategies for products still on the drawing board
- Evaluate customer test requirements with Product Engineering and create Test Plan documents
- Write product specifications and Statements of Work for new test fixtures and automated test systems
- Create engineering drawings for the production and modification of test equipment
- Work with Test Engineering Technicians to build and validate test fixtures
- Support Continuing Production
- Write and modify test scripts that control automated test equipment
- Review drawings, both internally-generated and from suppliers
- Participate in design reviews
- Write internal and customer-visible process change documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- BSEE or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in electronics systems testing
- 1 to 3 years’ in power conversion systems testing
- Experience with advanced engineering design and analysis tools (Altium, SolidWorks)
- Demonstrated test software development ability with LabView
- Demonstrated ability to set up complex test instrumentation
- Ability to generate electrical schematics based on product and test requirement
- Ability to create and clearly document test processes for Technicians and customer
- Experience troubleshooting using advanced electronic measurement tools and equipment
- Soldering (IPC J-STD-001 certification)
- Electronics inspection (IPC A-610 certification)
- Test system calibration
- Experience with the MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Rantec is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. Rantec will consider reasonable accommodations to its policies for employees and applicants due to sincerely held religious beliefs.
Powered by JazzHR
Rantec Power Systems, Inc.
AddressLos Osos, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Rantec Power Systems, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?