Electronic Test Technician
- $25 Hourly
Rantec is hiring an Electronic Test Technician!
Come join our team! Based in Los Osos, California, located along California's scenic Central Pacific coastline, Rantec offers many outstanding benefits, the following are a few:
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits - i.e. Medical (PPO, HSA), Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation - 2 weeks to start, Holidays, PTO, Paid Sick Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K with matching up to 6%,
- Peer-to-Peer recognition and Years of Service Awards.
- We have every other Friday off as we are on the 9/80 schedule
- Free catered lunch on the Friday/payday that we work. Voluntary overtime hours available.
Rantec is located in Los Osos, California is an upper-tier designer and manufacturer of power supplies for the military and aerospace markets. We are an engineering-based company, with expertise in all aspects of power supply design, manufacturing and test.
The Production Test team at Rantec is tasked with keeping product flowing from Manufacturing to the customer while catching items that do not meet customer specifications or Rantec standards for quality. It is when product fails a test or fails in operation that the Senior Test Technician steps to the front. As a Senior Test Technician, you will use your extensive skills in power conversion electronics and test processes to determine the cause of the failure and identify any consequential failures that must be corrected.
Rantec employs extensive automated test systems, but not all product can use these, and it take sophisticated skills to complete these tests accurately and consistently. The Senior Test Technician will perform manual or complex tests on low volume high value product in an efficient manner. You will have the opportunity to expand your skill set through formal training and through hands-on experience with other Senior Test Technicians and Electrical Engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, including but, are not limited to the following:
Troubleshoot failed power supplies and components
- Review test reports of failed power supplies
- Use a combination of automated and manual test processes to isolate the problem to a board or module
- Identify the failure whether a bad or incorrect component
- Identify any likely secondary damage
- Document, report, and track failure modes
- Report any trends noticed to the Test and Manufacturing Engineering teams
Conduct high-touch or complex test processes
- Conduct manual tests on legacy or low volume product where there are no automated tests
- Work with Test Engineering on first time run-throughs for new products, test fixtures, or processes
- Provide constructive feedback to Test Engineering on new processes and test documentation
- Conduct incoming material tests for non-standard or complex parts
- Assist the Test Supervisor and Director of Test in scheduling resources
- Provide additional Production Test coverage in times of high demand
- Report to Test Engineering any test systems that are not performing correctly or are providing suspicious results
- Work with other Test Technicians to ensure the Production Test and ESS areas remain clean and organized
- Work with Account Management to organize and prioritize testing of customer returned material
- Provide feedback to Engineering and Test Engineering on the testability of new product designs
- Assist the Test Supervisor in training new Test Technicians
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or different shifts, if needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent in Electronics Technology
- 3-5 years’ experience doing component-level troubleshooting of electronic systems
- Preferred - Soldering (IPC J-STD-001 certification)
- Preferred - Electronics inspection (IPC A-610 certification)
- Preferred - Test system calibration
Salary Range: $25 - $30 Hourly
Rantec is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. Rantec will consider reasonable accommodations to its policies for employees and applicants due to sincerely held religious beliefs.
Powered by JazzHR
Rantec Power Systems, Inc.Los Osos, CA
ManufacturingView All Rantec Power Systems, Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.