Ranta CPA + Associates is a growing CPA firm located along Lake Union in Seattle, specializing in income tax and business accounting services. We are looking for an experienced bookkeeper to assist with clients' accounting and bookkeeping. This position would be full-time with flexible scheduling options. You would be taking over an existing client list from an employee that is shifting to more of an internal/administrative capacity, as well as taking on new clients and special projects when they arise.
Tasks would include:
- Working within Xero, Quickbooks Desktop, Quickbooks Online, and other accounting software.
- Our preferred accounting software is Xero, and most of our clients use some form of cloud-based solution for accounting and document management. Therefore, strong knowledge of "classic" and contemporary bookkeeping skills is required.
- Bank reconciliations, transaction uploads, and categorization.
- Communicating with internal team members and clients to complete tasks.
- Special bookkeeping projects, including catch-up and back work.
- Payroll administration for applicable clients using payroll software. Gusto is our preferred payroll service for most of our business clients.
- A small number of clients have us manage their A/R and A/P. Includes entering bills into the accounting system and drafting payments in bill payment service for approval; issuing invoices to clients; following up on past-due accounts; sending aging reports to owners on a regular basis.
- Drafting WA Department of Revenue (DOR) and City of Seattle business excise tax reports; alerting clients of upcoming tax payments.
- 1099 and W2 prep at year-end.
- Preparing and amending payroll forms and reports (W2s, 941s, etc), as needed.
- Assisting with the issuance of monthly and quarterly P&Ls and other reports to our partners, client management, and business owners.
- Most of our accounting services workflow is paperless -- physical documents are scanned and archived. Ability to manage multiple forms of data and keep an eye to automation and continuous improvement is important! We are always open to using new and improved services to provide better internal workflow and client experiences.
- $25-30/hour to start, dependent upon experience; a higher wage is negotiable/possible for qualified applicants.
- Salary or hourly compensation structure is also negotiable. We don't expect this position to require much overtime, assuming deadlines are being met.
- We generally start employees on a 3-month trial. After this period we'd review your performance and adjust schedule and compensation if appropriate.
- Experience with accounting software (desktop and cloud-based); reconciling bank accounts, coding transactions, running reports, archiving/indexing and notations, job costing, etc.
- Experience with payroll services (Gusto, ADP, Paychex, etc.); running payroll, adding new employees, etc.
- Experience with document management services (Expensify, HubDoc, ReceiptBank, etc.); managing receipts, indexing/archiving.
- Experience with spreadsheets and word processing.
- Experience with online banking interfaces of major financial institutions. The underlying skill is the ability to locate and extract necessary data to complete reconciliations and other tasks.
- Experience with drafting and filing WA Department of Revenue (DOR) and City of Seattle business excise tax reports.
- We use Google business email (i.e. Gmail) and many G-Suite services for internal workflow. Experience with Gmail and other G-Suite services is a plus.
- Experienced problem-solving abilities -- both computer/technical and bookkeeping/accounting related.
- Understanding basic tax and accounting principles.
- High attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor and communication ability (written and verbal).
- We are a semi-formal/casual work environment, and want our staff to look decent and be friendly.
- Work would be performed at our office in Seattle. Please look at our website (link below) to make sure the commute would work for you.
- Ability to work well within a team, to take constructive criticism if provided, and to strive to constantly improve your skills, knowledge, and work product.
If you are interested, please email us and include your recent work history or resume, references, and a brief introduction (~3 sentences). We try to exceed our clients' expectations, would love to hear a story about how you've done the same!
Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Ranta CPA + Associates - ranta-cpa.com