1st shift position.
Constructs, maintains, and tests mechanical equipment, machinery, and components. Identifies parts or machines that need new parts or need to be replaced and places orders as necessary.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Maintenance Mechanic position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
- Monitors machine health through temperature or vibration characteristics at predetermined checkpoints.
- Checks machine level and alignment at predetermined checkpoints.
- Records machine operating parameters using pre-made charts.
- Dismantles machines or equipment, replaces defective mechanical and electrical parts.
- Inspects gears, pulleys, wheels, chains, journals, sleeves, etc for wear and tear.
- Cleans and lubricates machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears, and bearings.
- Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines that are not accessible by operators.
- Paints machines or equipment to prevent corrosion.
- Bends and cuts conduit and wire, and drills holes in walls, floors, and ceilings for electrical connections.
- Run pipe, hose and pneumatic fitting for service and process compressed dry air requirements basing on plans, schematics or instructions.
- Connects wire to motors, fixtures, and other electrical equipment, replaces switches and fuses, and splices wire and insulates wire with friction tape.
- Bends, cuts, and threads pipe, cuts openings in walls, ceilings, and floors for pipes, and seals pipe joints with sealing compound.
- Cuts out and joins parts for worktables, benches, shelves and other furnishings.
- Patches or replaces plaster or plaster board and paints walls, ceilings, and trim of building.
- Clears clogged drains, and replaces plumbing fixtures.
- Operates welding machine to repair or join metal parts.
- Has a complete inventory of predetermined tools for job accomplishment.
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment.
- Performs machine PM per schedule.
- Performs other routine duties.
- Attends classes/seminars for job skills improvement.
- Logs PM sheets and Pass down sheets.
- High school diploma; 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to stand, walk, use hands to feel, finger, and handle, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 110 pounds.
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Our company was built on a revolutionary business model rooted in sustainability, innovation and service. We have been driven forward by a leadership team of packaging veterans and strong distributor relationships.
Today, we are an internationally renowned company, with more than 500 employees around the globe. Our operations now span across North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
We are continually on the hunt for opportunities to expand both our offerings and geographical footprint.
RanpakMaking history since 1972. Our company was built on a revolutionary business model rooted in sustainability, innovation and service. We have been driven forward by a leadership team of packaging veterans and strong distributor relationships. Today, we are an internationally renowned company, with more than 500 employees around the globe. Our operations now span across North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific. We are continually on the hunt for opportunities to expand both our offerings and geographical footprint.