The National Account Manager – Central & Midwest Regions reports to the VP of Sales and is responsible for working with the field sales team to identify and develop national accounts. Responsible for driving results for the entire sales cycle including building and developing senior-level customer contacts, setting the sales strategy and negotiating with the customer for profitable new, cross sell and expansion business. Success will be measured by building a book of business, achieving sales targets, building strong relationships and by demonstrating good leadership skills.
The ideal candidate will be based out of the Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; St. Louis, MO or Chicago, IL areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement sales strategies to secure sales growth maximizing all product lines in the full spectrum of distribution across key customers and selected industrial channel customers.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with senior management at “A” (senior level “A” accounts are further defined as those accounts that can purchase at least $125 k annually) level national accounts.
- Manage the interaction process and demands upon the business based upon customer needs.
- Mentor and train field sales team.
- Work jointly with field sales team to develop accounts and foster existing relationships.
- The ideal candidate will display results driven mind set, strong business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, financial knowledge, communication proficiency with all levels of an organization, presentation skills, collaboration, P&L, and ability to execute.
- Bachelors degree
- 7+ years of successful sales experience in the packaging industry.
- Planning: forward looking ability and vision to complete strategic 2-4 year business plan.
- Ability to negotiate profitable contract terms and conditions.
- Strategic selling capabilities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and financial level.
- Demonstrated “hunter” capabilities: track record of landing new business.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to access decision makers in corporate environments and “sell” the product on the “shop floor”.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Travel anywhere between 60%- 80%
- Strong professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Ability to work effectively in matrix organizations collaborating with varying department leaders.
- Independent and strategic thinker requiring minimal supervision for decision-making and resolution of business performance obstacles and conflicts.
- Collaborative team player who “gets things done”