Freelance Video Editor, Weird History & Weird History Food
Our ever-growing Weird History network is seeking a Freelance Video Editor to help create great new video content for YouTube and beyond. This is a remote position and motion graphics experience is preferred.
NOTE: Candidates must share a link to their reel.
The ideal candidate will have a solid editorial mindset and a passion to create, build, and edit fun, engaging, and visually appealing history videos. You have a strong creative eye, are comfortable in After Effects, and have the desire to develop new styles of visual storytelling.
You will help shepherd the production of existing video series content and work on developing new pilots and concepts with our team.
What You’ll Do
- Create and Edit long-form Weird History videos
- Manage and execute the video editing process
- Design and create graphics as well as animations
- Tell engaging stories using different creative elements
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years as an editor in a professional post-production environment
- 2+ years of experience working with cross-functional teams and creating videos consistently across platforms.
- 2+ years of post-production experience in a production company or studio environment
- Expert in Adobe Premiere CC
- Highly proficient in After Effects
- A strong eye for detail and design
- Animation experience is preferable
- Be a huge fan of food and food history. We want people who are knowledgeable and passionate about a diverse array of topics within food and food history.
- Ability to work in all HD, UHD, and digital video formats including all variations of compression formats and their different uses in the production environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Possess a strong sense of story and rhythm, color grading, music and audio, and good communication
About Weird History and Weird History Food:
Weird History Food If you love Weird History and food, then you're going to really love Weird History Food. From the creators of Weird History comes this weird deep dive into the crazy and bizarre world of food and food history. Weird History Food is everything you didn't learn in High School or Culinary School.
Weird History YouTube Welcome to the annals of history your social studies class never covered in high school. Boring dates and places? Not here. This is for the extreme, the unexpected, the untold, and above all, the flat-out weird parts of history. Because as weird as people seem today, we don't hold a candle to history.
Ranker is the leader in fan-powered rankings on just about everything. Whatever the topic - TV, movies, video games, sports, brands, food - Ranker puts the vote into the hands of millions rather than a few critics to answer the questions we are most passionate about. Over 1 billion votes now power Ranker Insights, a treasure trove of psychographic correlation data that delivers personalized consumer recommendations (“if you like X, you’ll also like Y, Z”) and audience insights to marketers, studios, and platforms seeking a deeper understanding of consumer tastes and preferences. Launched in 2020 and powered by Ranker Insights, Watchworthy is the only statistically relevant, crowd-sourced TV recommendation app available to consumers. Ranker is listed on 2020’s Inc. 5000 and Inc. 5000: California Series; Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500; Built In LA’s Top 50 Mid-Sized Companies To Work For in 2020 and 2021; and on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2021 (No. 5). Ranker is headquartered in Los Angeles and has over 125 employees.
RankerLos Angeles, CA
Arts and Entertainment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.