Entertainment Editor, Reality & Celebrity
What is Ranker?
Ranker is the people-powered source of definitive rankings. Voted one of Fast Companies Most Innovative in 2021 (no. 5), our editors have curated tens of thousands of lists about all aspects of pop culture and beyond. Millions of visitors shape these rankings by voting, making Ranker the ultimate source for the best (and worst) of everything. We also turn the over one billion votes cast on Ranker into opinion graphs of consumer sentiment across all of entertainment and more. These are deep psychographics of what fans love at very granular levels across shows, films, celebrities, games, music and countless other categories. Whatever the topic - TV, movies, video games, sports, brands, food, lifestyle - Ranker puts the vote into the hands of millions rather than a few critics to answer the questions we are most passionate about.
Benefits of working for Ranker
- Enhance your leadership skills by joining fast-paced and growing media organization
- Competitive compensation package
- Competitive benefits plan, including fully-paid medical
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Wellness Resources
- Independently Owned
- Remote-Friendly (We welcome remote candidates from California, New York, Arizona, Illinois, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Pennsylvania)
Ranker is looking for an expert in all things in unscripted entertainment. From Reality TV to Social Media influencers, and through a deep understanding of celebrity culture, Ranker is looking for a pop-culture guru to engage our millions of loyal fans through expert, engaging, and entertaining ranked lists. The ideal candidate will have thoughts on who will win America's Got Talent and The Bachelor, can name the best moments of the newest Kardashian season, has knowledge of the day's TikTok viral hit, all while being able to engage a passionate community of Ranker voters with their editorial voice.
- Expertise and passion regarding all things entertainment
- Experience in feature editing & writing in entertainment, celebrity, unscripted television, social media influencers
- Deep understanding of how to shape a story, and how to assign and select stories
- Expert understanding of how to use data to make smart performanced-based editorial decisions.
- Ability to spot trending topics and assign relevant angles that fit the unique Ranker format
- Strong understanding of Facebook audience development
- Develop and manage both a long-term and short-term editorial plan meeting both audience development goals as well as developing a strong editorial voice
- Maintain strong knowledge of upcoming television release slate and general entertainment and celebrity news
- SEO optimization experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment socially forward data-driven digital publisher
- Ability to roll up their sleeves and quickly research, write, and edit time-sensitive pieces in 30 minutes or less.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Unscripted content library, knowing when to pull out and update a Vanderpump Rules list when there is Scandoval breaking news.
Who will succeed in this role
- Minimum 3 years of experience in digital media
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, film, etc. or equivalent experience
- Experience in feature editing in entertainment, celebrity unscripted television, social media influencers
- Demonstrated track record in story development
- Experience assigning and managing content from a freelancer network
- Excellent copywriting, editing and verbal communication skills
- Writing for short-form video and hosting experience a plus
- Photo editing, web analytics, content management systems and social publishing
- Love working in fast-moving, high-growth companies in an industry that is rapidly changing
- Creative problem solver and effective communicator. Able to make actionable and informed decisions
All Ranker employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering the Company office unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Ranker is the leader in fan-powered rankings on just about everything. Whatever the topic - TV, movies, video games, sports, brands, food - Ranker puts the vote into the hands of millions rather than a few critics to answer the questions we are most passionate about. Over 1 billion votes now power Ranker Insights, a treasure trove of psychographic correlation data that delivers personalized consumer recommendations (“if you like X, you’ll also like Y, Z”) and audience insights to marketers, studios, and platforms seeking a deeper understanding of consumer tastes and preferences. Launched in 2020 and powered by Ranker Insights, Watchworthy is the only statistically relevant, crowd-sourced TV recommendation app available to consumers. Ranker is listed on 2020’s Inc. 5000 and Inc. 5000: California Series; Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500; Built In LA’s Top 50 Mid-Sized Companies To Work For in 2020 and 2021; and on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2021 (No. 5). Ranker is headquartered in Los Angeles and has over 125 employees.
RankerLos Angeles, CA
Arts and Entertainment
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.