Ranken Jordan is the country's first pediatric bridge hospital. Inpatients and outpatients with complex medical conditions, injuries and illnesses come to our one-of-a-kind facility from throughout the region to get better faster and prepare for the transition back to home.
We are GROWINGand we are looking for amazing new EMPLOYEES like you!
A Peek Behind the Room Divider:
- Founded in 1941 by Mary Ranken Jordan who implored her staff to "...consider the children, first, in all that we do." These words still guide every employee, every day.
- Our guiding mission is to help kids and their families' transition from hospital to home. That means we practice world-class pediatric medicine to treat the symptoms but we also train parents and caregivers to provide a high-level of care at home so patients continue to progress after discharge
- "Care Beyond the Bedside"means that our kids receive their therapies and rehab away from their rooms and out of their beds as much as 70% of the day. The rest of the time, they are playing just being kids in our state of the art facility designed to inspire children!
- In 2002 we opened our current 34 inpatient hospital in Maryland Heights, MO. In February 2018 we opened a 78,000 sq. ft. addition to double our inpatient beds to 60+ and expand our outpatient practice.
- We also offer Community Programs that provide wonderful recreational and educational programs for all kids and their families...at no charge!
Ranken Jordan is currently looking for a full timeRespiratory Therapist onnights (12 hour shifts). In this role you will perform direct patient care in all aspects of respiratory therapy according to physician's orders. Consult physicians or nurse practitioner on effectiveness of therapy.Provides ventilator support during cardiopulmonary resuscitation and maintains life support equipment. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values and guidingprinciples.
Please watch our employee testimonial:
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure: Yes
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates proper time management skills and priority setting.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and identify actual physical and psychosocial needs of the patient and their families, documents in the medical record and communicates this information to other staff members as appropriate.
- Implements appropriate Respiratory Care interventions in routine and emergency situations.
- Documents the evaluation of the effectiveness of therapy and in an accurate, timely and organized manner.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge base related to cardiopulmonary medications and respiratory care equipment and therapies.
- Identifies patient education needs and utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs while documenting patient/family response to this training.
- Demonstrates flexibility regarding workload, assignments, and change.
- Demonstrates competence in assisting medical staff with diagnostic and therapeutic interventions.
- All other duties as assigned by the Respiratory Care Manager.
- The Respiratory Care Practitioner must possess a Missouri license to practice
- RRT Required
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)from the American Heart Association
- Current PALS certification or completion within 12 months for those individuals with 0.5 FTE or greater position.
- Candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to work independently
- Previous experience in a pediatric setting preferred
- CPI training upon hire and refresher every other year required
These include stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, grasping, pulling, pushing, standing, carrying, and lifting of light loads (up to 35 lb.), as necessary.
Ranken Jordan is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Ranken-Jordan Home for Convalescent Crippled Children
Job Posted by ApplicantPro