Child Life Specialist-Full Time
Ranken Jordan Pediatric Bridge Hospital Maryland Heights, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
Ranken Jordan is the country's first pediatric bridge hospital. Inpatients and outpatients with complex medical conditions, injuries and illnesses come to our one-of-a-kind facility from throughout the region to get better faster and prepare for the transition back to home.
We are looking for amazing new EMPLOYEES like you!
A Peek Behind the Room Divider:
- Founded in 1941 by Mary Ranken Jordan who implored her staff to "...consider the children, first, in all that we do." These words still guide every employee, every day.
- Our guiding mission is to help kids and their families' transition from hospital to home. That means we practice world-class pediatric medicine to treat the symptoms but we also train parents and caregivers to provide a high-level of care at home so patients continue to progress after discharge
- "Care Beyond the Bedside" means that our kids receive their therapies and rehab away from their rooms and out of their beds as much as 70% of the day. The rest of the time, they are playing just being kids in our state of the art facility designed to inspire children!
- In 2002, we opened our current 34 inpatient hospital in Maryland Heights, MO. In 2018, we opened a 78,000 sq. ft. addition to double our inpatient beds to 60+ and expand our outpatient practice.
- We also offer Community Programs that provide wonderful recreational and educational programs for all kids and their families...at no charge!
Ranken Jordan has an opening for a full time (1.0 FTE) Child Life Specialist.
Shift Requirements: 3-week rotation Week A: Monday-Friday 8a-4:30p, Week B: Monday-Friday 8a-4:30p, and Tuesday-Saturday 8a-4:30p
In this role you will prioritize and provide interventions for patients through group, individual and co-treatment developmental and medical play sessions ensuring optimal psycho-social growth. Protects patients and employees by adherence to infection control policies.
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure: Yes
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements interventions to ease stress and anxiety of patients, to promote positive coping during hospitalization.
- Consults with care team regarding patient care goals, attends patient care conferences and facilitates inter-departmental and intra-departmental treatment.
- Assess and assist patient as it relates to treatment plan including but not limited to; distraction, therapeutic holds, relaxation techniques, infant massage, comfort, coping etc.
- Plans and implements group and individual developmentally appropriate play sessions for patients including but not limited to medical play, diagnosis education, dramatic play, school integration trips and special events.
- Promote family-centered care, providing sibling support, and education through the offering of patient services.
- Maintains a physical, psychosocial environment in the best interest of the patient, and directs and provides clinical services, therapy staff and volunteers with developmentally appropriate activities for patients per their assessed needs.
- Provides oral and written communication of sessions and patient progress to other departments to ensure continuity of patient care; provides communication to parents as needed.
- Charts and documents patient evaluations as appropriate, progress notes, goals and discharge summaries, and records all care provided, including attendance and length of treatment.
- Participates in, in-service education sessions and professional education sessions.
- Recommends and arranges for patient equipment, toys and supplies, and assists with maintenance.
- All other duties as assigned by the PHRS Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Child Development or Child Life.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association required.
- Current certification as a Child Life Specialist or eligibility to sit for certification and obtainment upon one year of hire required.
- Previous experience in a pediatric setting preferred.
These include stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, grasping, pulling, pushing, standing, carrying, and lifting of light loads (up to 35 lb.).
Ranken Jordan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Ranken-Jordan Home for Convalescent Crippled Children
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Ranken Jordan Pediatric Bridge Hospital
AddressMaryland Heights, MO
Personal CareView all jobs at Ranken Jordan Pediatric Bridge Hospital