Ranger Construction Company is a commercial general contractor specializing in upfits, renovation and maintenance of office, industrial and medical properties in Charlotte and surrounding areas. Our Assistant Superintendent works closely with our Superintendents, Project Managers, construction crews and subcontractors, inspectors and clients to ensure projects are completed in quality manner, on time and with budget.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
Provide overall project direction and guidance to construction crews and subcontractors at job sites under the direction of the Superintendents and Project Managers. Qualifications, skills and experience include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Superintendent with supervising and scheduling all subcontractors and other employees on projects
- Job site work will include physical tasks including job clean up, demolition work, framing, trim work, door installation, floor installation, assisting trades (plumbing, HVAC, electrical, concrete)
- Must follow company and client policies and procedures
- Takes initiative to complete tasks and projects and looks for opportunities to assist other employees to better serve the projects and company
- Ensure punchlists are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure all crews and subcontractors comply with safety requirements, building rules and regulations and company policies.
- Must be able to perform basic carpentry and general labor tasks
· Must be able to safely drive vehicles daily to and from multiple job sites
· Must have basic knowledge of drawings and blueprints
· Operate skid steers, fork lifts, pallet jacks, scissor lift and similar equip.
· Skilled in use of basic hand tools and drills
· Walking and standing at large commercial job sites (interior and exterior)
· Capable of lifting and climbing ladders and accessing commercial roofs and ceilings via ladder or lifts, as applicable
· Capable of lifting and moving heavy objects of minimum of 50 lbs.
· Capable of performing physical tasks in buildings or areas that are dirty, loud, dusty, contain fumes, high temperatures (due to no AC)
· Capable of clear verbal, written and electronic communications
· Listens well and understands verbal and written communications
· Team player; working for the company not for themselves; model team player behaviors.
· Organized, task oriented and follows through
· Personable and professional demeanor
· Service oriented