Systems Administrator Principal - 2588/2000
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ready to launch your career? Be part of the next generation of access to space at one of the World’s Premier Gateways to Space! RGNext employees open portals to space by providing operation and sustainment of mission-critical systems that launch and track Department of Defense, civil, commercial, and international space launch rockets! We also provide U.S. defense and space awareness through ballistic missile testing, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety.
As an RGNext employee, you will join a team of smart, creative, and highly motivated employees who take pride in their work and in the mission and who enjoy developing, sustaining and delivering world class solutions! If you are seeking to work in a dynamic environment and want to be part of the World’s Premier Gateway to Space, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
This position assigned to Vandenberg Space Force Base, California
This position is not eligible for Telework
- Perform moderately complex modification, testing, research, and debugging tasks on Commercial and Off the Shelf (COTS) and network systems/servers. systems to ensure fit with Air Force and LISC standards
- Provide problem-solving support to COTS and various other network systems/servers to end users on a variety of issues in a timely manner ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate and perform upgrades on COTS and various other network systems/servers in compliance with Air Force and LISC standards.
- Perform systems and database administration for virtual and physical servers in a 24x7 highly available production environment. Applies patching as directed
- Create and maintain web certificates, user accounts and user permissions
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance and troubleshoots complex issues with scheduling application software which utilize SQL and/or Oracle databases
- Author database setups, scripts, queries, and ad-hoc reports for SQL and Oracle databases
- Work with external vendors/consultants to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution
- Provide user application training as necessary for production & development environments
- Familiarity with Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPR) network operation and configuration desired
- Provide systems/technical support to Space Launch Delta 30’s Range Scheduling Section
- Interface with team members and stakeholders to ensure status and expectations are managed
- Provide ancillary computer technician support for the department
- Work on system initiatives, and new projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify, and isolate technical issues
- Effective communication skills and ability to work individually, within a team, with other groups and with customers
- Ability to take ownership of the issue analysis, resolution efforts, and commit to "doing what it takes" to resolve technical issues
- Ability to resolve errors, and alarms, quickly
- Ability required to provide timely escalation and support process improvements
- Ability to be self-motivated and articulate
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems concisely and professionally to technical and nontechnical audiences
- History of punctuality and reliability with a strong work ethic
- High degree of professionalism, excellent organization skills, and the ability to work multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to adapt to changes in task priorities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent technical discipline, related military experience, and/or equivalent range experience
- Eight (8) + work experience as a Database Developer/Administrator and Windows Server Administrator
- Proficient experience in MS Office applications including Microsoft Access, Microsoft Windows, and Windows Server operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft database software
- Experience with developing reports using Microsoft software, SQL and Oracle, desired
- Experience and an understanding with Microsoft SQL Servers 2012 and 2016, Oracle Servers, and VMWare
- Experience with Server/PC Hardware, Oracle databases, web development and client support are desired
- Experience using administrative tools and automating routine administration tasks
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements
- Must be fully vaccinated from the COVID-19 virus, which means two weeks have passed since a single-shot vaccine or the second dose of a two-shot vaccine. Requests for medical or religious accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Security+ certification or ability to obtain one within six months of hire date
- Telecommuting is not available for this position
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
Benefits of Working at RGNext
RGNext offers our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities and growth. Employees enjoy a robust benefit package on day one, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, generous Paid Time Off and holiday pay, a retirement savings plan with a company match and vesting on day one! Other benefits include flexible scheduling, access to on-base fitness centers and recreational facilities and more! We are committed to providing employees a quality work/life balance while embracing a community of diverse and strategic backgrounds in a productive, evolving environment.
The salary range for this role is $82,450 to $129,062; however, RGNext considers several factors when extending an offer for employment, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training and preferred skills and knowledge.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.
Range Generation Next LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Range Generation Next LLC
Get fresh User Access Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!