Pre Flight Analyst AS - 2388
- Posted: over a month ago
Ready to launch your career? RGNext operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense, civil, commercial and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety. Our employees serve on the forefront of global defense and space operations. We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities.
• Plan, analyze and configure launch data for use in mission planning, real-time operations, and post-launch analyses for vehicles launched from Vandenberg Space Force Base.
• Support SLD 30 SEL mission planning efforts and Flight Operations Analyst (FOA) development and configuration.
• Build mission support databases for Flight Operations.
• Evaluate user data such as 3-sigma, nominal trajectories, debris patterns, vehicle turn rate data, ballistic coefficients of missile components and thrust termination characteristic that are considerable significance in the preparation of the Pre-Flight Safety Data Package.
• Develop Flight Operations FA Range Safety and Acquisition Displays to be included in the Launch Package, which includes: Radar, telemetry and other sensor, display and keyset configurations, vehicle tracking display production, telemetry display configuration and Flight Operations FOA parameter configuration.
• Real-Time Launch operations support and post-launch support, which includes production and display of wind files used for day of launch operation, analysis, production and distribution of data products from launch recordings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral of diagram form.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Zero to two years of analysis of technical data or related field.
• Preferred experience includes:
o Trajectory analysis,
o Development of destruct criteria,
o Production and distribution of hazard area analyses,
o Production of normal and anomalous mission scenario simulations.
o Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific mission and project requirements.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization.
• Valid U.S. Driver’s License required.
• Telecommuting is not available for this position.
• This position is assigned to Vandenberg SFB, CA.
• Must be fully vaccinated from the COVID-19 virus, which means two weeks have passed since a single-shot vaccine or the second dose of a two-shot vaccine. Requests for medical or religious accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
What We Offer:
• Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base fitness centers, golf courses, pools, bowling alleys, beach access and restaurants.
• Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program with company match and vesting on day one, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more.
• Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
• Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is committed to recruiting, hiring, and fostering the most qualified employees. RGNext provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status: race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status, and to base all such employment decisions upon the individual's qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned.
Range Generation Next LLC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Range Generation Next LLC