Depot Repair Technician -2155
- Posted: over a month ago
Ready to launch your career? Be part of the next generation of access to space at one of the World’s Premier Gateways to Space! RGNext employees open portals to space by providing operation and sustainment of mission-critical systems that launch and track Department of Defense, civil, commercial, and international space launch rockets! We also provide U.S. defense and space awareness through ballistic missile testing, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety.
As an RGNext employee, you will join a team of smart, creative, and highly motivated employees who take pride in their work and in the mission and who enjoy developing, sustaining and delivering world class solutions! If you are seeking to work in a dynamic environment and want to be part of the World’s Premier Gateway to Space, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
This position is located at Vandenberg Space Force Base, California.
This position is not eligible for telecommuting
• Support all aspects of the Depot Repair Unit (DRU) repair operations including triage of incoming DRU items, vendor repairs, vendor Return Materials Authorization (RMA), Sole Source Justifications, Purchase Requisitions for equipment repairs and parts and DRUMAR Data entry.
• Work in a lab environment troubleshooting and repairing equipment related to Command Destruct, Radar, Telemetry, Weather, Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS), Communications, Area Surveillance and Range Safety. Also includes computers, servers, and all applicable site equipment processed through the Depot Repair Unit (DRU) and repair of electronic and electromechanical equipment in support of range prime mission equipment.
• Perform Line Replacement Unit (LRU) test support operations based on standard operating procedures, Technical Orders, using associated tools and test equipment.
• Perform technical duties in an electronic shop environment or out in the field.
• Perform other duties/cross utilization as assigned.
• Ability to read and comprehend mechanical drawings, electrical/electronic schematics, wiring diagrams and cable assembly drawings and engineering sketches, Shop Work Orders (SWO's), Specifications Sheets, and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) manuals.
• Ability to follow written or verbal instructions from Systems Maintenance Engineers (SME's).
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills with specific emphasis on attention to detail.
• Associates Degree in Electronic Technology or related field; equivalent military experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Two (2) years of applicable experience in electronics and electrical theory or applicable range experience.
• Experience with technical soldering rework and repair duties to the component level.
• Experience with component level troubleshooting and repair
• Knowledge of Environmental and OSHA Standards.
• Knowledge of ISO9000 Quality inspection process.
• Knowledge of IPC A-600 standards preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• May be required to travel in support of work at off base locations.
• The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project, depot emergency repairs, UDLM or EDLM requirements.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization.
• Valid U.S. Driver's License requiredBenefits of Working at RGNext
RGNext offers our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities and growth. Employees enjoy a robust benefit package on day one, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, generous Paid Time Off and holiday pay, a retirement savings plan with a company match and vesting on day one! Other benefits include flexible scheduling, access to on-base fitness centers and recreational facilities and more! We are committed to providing employees a quality work/life balance while embracing a community of diverse and strategic backgrounds in a productive, evolving environment.
The hourly rate for this role is determined by a Collective Bargaining Unit and ranges from $23.77 to $29.67. RGNext considers several factors when extending an offer for employment, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training and preferred skills and knowledge.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.
Range Generation Next LLC
RetailView all jobs at Range Generation Next LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?