The Customer Service Representative will provide a variety of sales-related support and assistance to both internal and external customers throughout US and Canada. The Customer Service Representative will engage in special projects to support continuous improvement to increase productivity and reduce cycle time for customer support while increasing legendary customer service.
Travel required to fulfill the duties listed above; other travel as needed or required by the company
Additional Responsibilities: Participate in special projects to create best practices, improve processes, create training tools or to support initiatives as determined and conduct related presentations or training sessions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent Organization, Communication and Customer Service Skills
• Understanding of basic purchasing/accounting
• Handle incoming calls
• Sales Force Experience a plus
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
• Work within a virtual team environment to provide heavy commercial support up to and including all aspects of order execution and follow up utilizing available quotation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools.
• Communicate with related internal and external customer and vendor contacts.
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly ERP review and maintenance functions to insure all ERP information is accurate; all auto-functions occur correctly; relevant parties have accurate order and sales status; potential problems are identified and mitigated; and any issues are resolved.
• Provide basic item availability and pricing assistance.
• Assist in the management of bids to apprise sales department of pre-bids and due dates.
• Responsible for submitting rental, sale, field service and work orders for invoicing. Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool daily to input new data and maintain existing data to current status for both direct customer interactions and communication to the sales teams.
• Create legendary customer service experiences for internal and external customers. Maintain continual communication with virtual team to ensure work flow is maintained and both internal and external customer expectations are met.
• Continuous improvement mindset Cross-boundary collaboration Inspiring accountability Key Relationships: External: Direct and indirect customers Internal: Finance, operations and sales teams
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
• 1-3 years of customer service experience 2-year degree or equivalent customer service experience
• Strong customer service skills Good collaborative and communication skills (written and verbal) Detail oriented with strong organizational and task management skills
• Ability to manage heavy volume of order transactions
• Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base Proficient in Microsoft Office Preferred Qualifications: Additional preferences for a specific position.
• Experience with Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools Prior experience in industrial, construction or municipal environments
• Light lifting (20-25 pounds)
• Business Office Environment that includes laptop and standard office equipment