- Individual shall have demonstrated skill in construction project management with experience in managing a distribution construction site and have knowledge about Distribution installation projects.
- Some duties include: Provide constructability feedback during design and walk downs, Review Bill of Materials and assist with managing material availability,
- Develop work scope for construction bid documents and assist Project Manager in bid evaluations,
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of all construction activities involved in a project;
- Coordinate contracted work activities for centrally managed Utilities projects during installation, monitor contractor(s) on safety, cost, quality and schedule performance,
- Run safety briefings with contracted construction crews, Initiate Scope Change requests, Elevate document deficiencies and Provide Planning support to the project team as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 15 years of distribution construction experience in the electric power industry.
- Experience with Word and Excel, Knowledge of OSHA regulations and Utilities safety policies
- Understanding of Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedure and become a qualified Clearance Holder, Monitor site construction activities for adherence to Utilities's Environmental Policy and Adherence to Utilities procedure (Construction Manager Responsilibities).
- Contractor will require cellular phone, air card (Internet), Base PPE (Class E Hardhat, Safety Glasses, FR Clothing, FR Safety Vest, Steel Toe Work Boots).
- Experience in the work and leadership of underground electric utility construction
- Experience and leadership skill in utility grade aerial distribution construction