Raney Construction is located in Groveland FL and is a diversified company servicing multiple aspects of the construction industry. We operate a wide selection of trucks and heavy equipment in our daily operations and need quality mechanics and technicians to support our fleet and plants.
As a diesel & heavy equipment mechanic, you'll diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and document all service on various mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems & components of trucks, trailers, heavy machinery, and other equipment at our various locations.
Vehicles & equipment must be repaired correctly while in the shop. Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively. Salary dependant on experience.
- Follow a consistent and regular schedule to perform various types of maintenance on trucks, trailers, heavy equipment, construction equipment and various pieces of machinery
- Perform minor & major repairs on equipment using hand tools, machine tools and measuring instruments
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot fuel systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems and systems
- Conduct oil changes, lubrication of equipment, tire replacements, hose repairs, battery replacements and assorted services
- Recondition and replace assorted parts of trucks, trailers, heavy equipment, & plant equipment as needed.
- Operate and test equipment following proper safety guidelines & procedures
- Diagnose, log and report any problem areas for any significant wear or tear on equipment
- Maintain a clean, safe & organized work area
- Be able to document & maintain detailed service reports and repair logs in a timely manner
- Follow all company procedures and protocols and safety mandates
- Be able to work well & efficiently with co-workers and supervisors
- Perform any additional duties assigned by the fleet manager and management
- Have 2-5 years minimum relatable experience. Certifications are a plus. Wielding experience a plus, CDL a plus.
- Pass background & pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to lift 75+ pounds
- Ability to operate large, heavy machinery
- Ability to read and comprehend standard operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
- Follow direction & take instruction as needed
- Be prompt & on time on daily basis.
- Normal work week of forty (40) hours plus overtime as required, with the ability to work other times as required by the workload/weather, including weekends if needed.
- Be on your feet at least 75% of your working hours
- Push, pull, carry, and lift up to 75 lbs. up to shoulder height
- Kneel, crouch, turn and twist, be able to climb ladders over 6 ft. off ground level
- Have the flexibility, dexterity, and vision to reach, evaluate, and repair small components
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude while on the job.
- Be able to work in and around dust, cement, concrete, diesel fumes, solvents, oil spills, and electrical equipment within OSHA regulations
- Work in an non-temperature controlled shop.
Benefits & Salary:
- Wages DOE
- Overtime after 40 hours per week if hourly
- Employee health insurance, optional dental/vision coverage.
- Local & Home every night
Job Type: Full-time
- Driver's License (Required)