The Laurel Hotel and Spa - Food and Beverage Manager at The Rooftop
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Food & Beverage Manager at The Rooftop
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: The Laurel Hotel Manager
Join Ithaka Hospitality Partners on their journey as we grow and seek talented individuals to join our team. We are looking for a Food & Beverage Manager at The Rooftop for The Laurel Hotel & Spa to join our leadership team in Auburn, AL.
The Laurel Hotel & Spa will anchor the premier corner of South College Street and Thach Avenue, affording a stunning view of iconic Samford Hall. The amenities will include 16 luxurious rooms, 10 suites, 6 residences, a spa, fitness studio, rooftop pool, rooftop bar, rooftop pool cabana service and yoga pavilion.
A rooftop garden will crown the top of The Laurel Hotel & Spa and offer sweeping views of Samford Hall and downtown Auburn. Here, an abundance of sustainably produced fruits, vegetables and herbs will be grown and gathered for food production in 1856. Special dishes will also be prepared from the garden's bountiful supply of fresh produce in a rooftop finishing kitchen. During the day, students will have the opportunity to learn about the roof to table concept from a horticulturalist, and at night, the lounge and bar will be open to the public for evenings on the town.
The rooftop will also be available for hosting private events. With a special wedding pavilion on site, couples will be able to say their vows with a beautiful view of Samford Hall in the background. The rooftop will be the most celebrated venue for wedding ceremonies and social events in Auburn.
The Food & Beverage Manager at The Rooftop will ensure all Ithaka Hospitality standards for excellence are met and communicated properly from leadership to team members and from team members to guests. Strives to continuously develop and enhance students and team members to deliver a world class experience.
The Food & Beverage Manager will directly oversee and organize the day-to-day operations of the rooftop pool bar and cabanas, and the rooftop bar to ensure world class education & service, food & beverage offerings and to maximize profits and guest satisfaction through the following:
- Understands and maintains a complete knowledge of all menus, all ingredients, and all techniques involved in creating a rooftop bar and pool menu.
- Develop seasonal beverage menus that prominently feature herbs and fruit from the rooftop garden.
- Works closely with The Laurel Hotel & Spa Culinary team to develop seasonal menu and offerings.
- Train, develop all team members on proper menu and service knowledge.
- Works closely with the Experience Manager to coordinate, develop, and implements food and beverage engagement activities for the rooftop bar space, such as morning yoga or live music on the rooftop in the afternoons.
- Oversee scheduling for all rooftop pool service and rooftop bar & lounge service.
- Partner with Talent, Learning & Culture on recruiting, training, professional development, and discipline of FOH team.
- Ensures all Responsible Vendor training is completed by all team members prior to serving guests
- Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with guests to ensure satisfaction and repeat business.
- Ensure that team maintains a positive attitude and complies with all grooming standards, daily.
- Teach and maintain all IHP policies and standards for excellence.
- Work closely with The Laurel Concierge on Cabana bookings to ensure complete daily setup of rentals, escorting guests and assist them with their requests throughout the day and pre-arrival and turn down services.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Prior rooftop, bar or elevated pool service (Cabana) experience preferred.
- Ability to program and troubleshoot restaurant POS and other computer systems.
- Ability to suggestively sell selected food and beverage items.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical calculations to calculate food and/or beverage costing and menu pricing.
- Proficient knowledge of computer functions including, but not limited to email and word processing.
- Ability to navigate point of sales systems with ease.
- Ability to effectively use time and attendance software.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 10 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the rooftop/hotel to another for food and/or beverage delivery
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 35 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, bend and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, twist, walk, crouch, and squat.
- Weather dependent job- Must actively look and prepare for severe weather which could affect business levels on the rooftop and pool.
- Experience in a similar role in a hospitality environment preferred
- Work flexible schedules and willing and able to work shift duties that will include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Performs job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Three (3) or more years' experience in the hospitality industry with (1) or more of these years having been in a supervisory role.
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality or related subject matter, preferred
- Minimum twenty-one (21) years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Certification in CPR.
- Responsible Vendor Certified
Rane Culinary Science Center
FoodView all jobs at Rane Culinary Science Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?