The Laurel Hotel and Spa - Food and Beverage Attendant - Part Time and Full Time Available
- Posted: over a month ago
The Laurel Hotel & Spa will anchor the premier corner of South College Street and Thach Avenue, affording a stunning view of iconic Samford Hall. The amenities will include 16 luxurious rooms, 10 suites, 6 residences, a spa, fitness studio, rooftop pool, rooftop bar, rooftop pool, cabana service and yoga pavilion.
Guests of the hotel will have exclusive access to The Library, an elegant space that features 5 different food and beverage presentations throughout each day. This includes a European-style breakfast in the morning, transitions to chic sips and small plates in the afternoon and showcases curated turndown treats in the evenings.
A rooftop garden will crown the top of The Laurel Hotel & Spa and offer sweeping views of Samford Hall and downtown Auburn. Here, an abundance of sustainably produced fruits, vegetables and herbs will be grown and gathered for food production in 1856. During the day, students will have the opportunity to learn about the roof to table concept from a horticulturalist, and at night, the lounge and bar will be open to the public for evenings on the town. The space is also available to host private events.
- Ability to thoughtfully engage with all customers visiting The Library and The Rooftop at The Laurel about the concept and partnership with Auburn University
- Perform mise en place for daily service based on business levels expected
- Oversee our guests experience following The Laurel, The Rooftop at the Laurel's and IHP's standards of service.
- Ensure guest preference, dietary preferences are recognized throughout the library, Pool Cabanas and Rooftop Bar
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Always maintain a neat and clean work environment
- Be available to perform lateral service as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the rooftop as directed by the rooftop manager or immediate supervisor.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of beer, wine, cocktails and spirits along with food menus across both outlets on the rooftop
- Clean, set-up, and stock the bar and all related areas as determined by standard SOP's, opening duties, service manuals and job description.
- Ability to prioritize and balance bar guests orders with restaurant orders.
- Check identification to verify legal age requirements of customers
- Depending on scheduled location (rooftop lounge or pool bar), provide personalized service to our hotel guests at the pool and cabanas, or local visitors at the rooftop lounge.
- Welcome and greet all guests in a timely manner. Create a comfortable and relaxed, but upscale environment
- Monitor and observe guest's experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the beverages and service. Anticipate and respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Assist the Guest Experience Experts in setting up and breaking down each food and beverage presentation in The Library.
- Responsible for preparing in-room dining trays and carts and delivering orders to hotel guests in timely manner, with great attention to detail.
- Transport food from the 6th floor kitchen to various food service outlets, including the rooftop bar, lounge, cabanas, in addition to any special requests from guests in The Library.
- Deliver ordered food and beverage items to guests according to table numbers and seat numbers on the Rooftop.
- Anticipate and respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Communicate effectively with front of house and back of house team members to ensure a highly executed dining experience.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge and ability to answer questions about our food, beverage, and overall hotel offerings.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time, consecutively.
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver multiple plates of food & carry bus tubs frequently weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Working with students on occasion. Ability to organize and plan your service around training and teaching throughout every interaction when students are present.
- Team members must have a flexible work schedule and ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Weather dependent job- Must actively look and prepare for severe weather which could affect business levels on the rooftop and pool.
- A background in serving in an upscale hotel, rooftop and/or pool environment t is preferred.
- Upon selection able to complete the Responsible Vendor course for all team members 18 years old and above
- A basic knowledge of food & beverage procedures and functions.
- Possess basic math skills and can handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Positive Attitude
Rane Culinary Science Center
FoodView all jobs at Rane Culinary Science Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?