Hey Day Market - Food Hall - General Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title Hey Day Market General Manager
Department Hey Day Market
Reports To Director of Food Halls
The Hey Day Market will be a vibrant addition to Auburn's culinary scene and a favorite gathering place for students, family and friends on South College Street. At the market, nine vendors will serve crowd-pleasing meals that are thoughtfully prepared onsite with sustainable, organic ingredients. One vendor stall will be a dedicated incubator where graduates of the Hospitality Management and Culinary Science programs can develop business concepts and get their operations off the ground.
The building will feature industrial elements including stained concrete floors and steel-framed windows providing incredible views of the green space. A mix of individual and communal tables will foster an inviting community atmosphere. Students will be able to spend their declining balance dollars and use their Tiger Club cards in the Hey Day Market. However, block meals cannot be used in the Hey Day Market.
The Hey Day Market General Manager will oversee the daily operation of the Hey Day Market and work closely with nine food hall vendors to ensure a great customer experience. The General Manager will directly oversee the Hey Day Market Bar Operation and will be responsible for executing systems to protect the brand experience and ensure the food hall meets or exceeds financial targets.
- Oversees the operation of the Hey Day Market Bar to include recruiting, onboarding, scheduling, ordering, menu development, team member and financial success.
- Drive organizational excellence in operations and customer service throughout the guests experience
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to all restaurant vendors.
- Ensure core IHP values are being upheld by maintaining a thriving and positive company culture.
- Oversee performance measurements to ensure the food hall operates within approved budgets and is competitive in its respective competitive set.
- Produce monthly financial reports to be presented to Ithaka Hospitality Partners for Bar stall as well as overall Food Hall performance
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including supply, utility and labor costs.
- Work closely with Experience Manager over the RCSC on creating and executing marketing initiatives and successful events and activations.
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Ensure all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure tenants are following cleanliness, hours of operation standards set forth by Ithaka Hospitality Partners.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Act as a liaison between food hall tenants, Ithaka Hospitality Partners, and Auburn University.
- Maintain professional food hall image, including food hall cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Oversee all aspects of the entertainment programming.
- Manage all shared vendors and services, garbage/recycling, common area preventative maintenance
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Complete accident reports promptly if a guest or employee is injured.
- Select, develop and train team members to ensure guest satisfaction and company culture.
- Ensure the cleanliness and safety of the food hall and its assets through the enforcing and maintaining of preventative maintenance programs
- Responsible for leasing vacant space and lease renewals in assigned stalls.
- Analyze prospective tenants for quality of business and success operating in our property.
- Monitor market leasing activity to be current on market rates for similar space.
- Establish tenant relationships and curate tenant database.
- A working knowledge of food & beverage operations dealing with multi-tenant properties or concepts.
- Working knowledge of financials and budgets, operations, and marketing
- Organized, team player who is considerate and able to work well with others with ability to coach and develop others, resolve conflict, and promote teamwork and performance management
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
- The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- This position operates in a restaurant setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those individuals encounter while performing the essential functions of this position.
- 4 year degree required
- Minimum 4 years' experience in food and beverage operations leadership and/or management positions or multi-tenant properties
- Food Service Manager certificate or ability to be certified within 90 days
- Servesafe Certification or ability to be certified within 90 days.
Rane Culinary Science Center
FoodView all jobs at Rane Culinary Science Center