1856 - Culinary Residence - A Teaching Restaurant - Assistant General Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: 1856 Restaurant Assistant General Manager
Reports To: 1856 General Manager
Join Ithaka Hospitality Partners on their journey as we grow and seek talented individuals to join our team. We are looking for an Assistant Restaurant General Manager to join our leadership team in Auburn, AL., assisting in leading the The 1856, Culinary Residence Teaching Restaurant. The Assistant Restaurant General Manager will work closely with the 1856 GM to direct and organizes the day to day operations of the restaurant to ensure world class education & service, food & beverage offerings and to maximize profits and guest satisfaction.
The Assistant Restaurant General Manager will ensure all Ithaka Hospitality standards for excellence are met and communicated properly from leadership to team members and from team members to guests. Oversees setup through breakdown of the dining room and ensures all Ithaka Hospitality Partners standards are met. Leads the training of the FOH team (Students and team members). Strives to continuously develop and enhance students and team members to deliver a world class experience.
- Displays a knowledge of service standards and procedures for a tasting menu experience.
- Understands and maintains a complete knowledge of all menus, all ingredients, and all techniques.
- Work closely with the 1856 GM and Master Sommelier to build and maintain the 1856, Culinary Residence Wine Program.
- Work closely with the Master Sommelier and front of house team on training and developing team members in wine knowledge.
- Leads alongside or in the absence of the 1856 Restaurant GM daily pre-service huddle in coordination and collaboration with the 1856 Chef in Residence, Master Sommelier and Director of Culinary, 1856. Ensuring all details for current shift are properly communicated to the service team including, but not limited to; special reservations, dietary restrictions, changes to food and beverage menu items, and expectations of the service ahead.
- Work with 1856 GM to ensure that 1856 team members and students schedules are in accordance with operating hours of 1856 and aligning with the syllabus for the students.
- Ensures all finance, accounting and cash handling procedures are dealt with on a daily basis.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for menu planning with Chef in Residence, 1856 Restaurant GM and Master Sommelier.
- Plans and administers reviews and evaluates the work of FOH team in coordination with the 1856 GM, Chef in Residence, Director of Culinary for 1856.
- Work closely with TLC on recruiting, training, professional development, and discipline of FOH team.
- Plans and organizes private events for the 1856 Private Dining Room in conjunction with 1856 GM.
- Ensures all Responsible Vendor training is completed by all team members prior to serving guests
- Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with guests to ensure satisfaction and repeat business.
- Ensure that team maintains a positive attitude and complies with all uniform standards, daily.
- Supervise and lead set up and break down of dining room before and after service periods.
- Instruct team on correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Teach and maintain all IHP policies and service standards.
- Maintain and set an expert level example of guest relations.
- Greet and acknowledge all guests.
- Anticipate guest needs and respond promptly.
- Accommodate all requests for information courteously.
- Communicate Person of Note (PON) arrivals and special requests to fellow leadership for all shifts.
- Respond to guest complaints with the utmost professionalism and represent IHP at all times. Balance the guest's best interests with the company's.
- Monitor and ensure that all aspects of service conform to departmental and IHP standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership in relation to guest experience, team experience, and the Restaurant's business well-being.
- Maintain department records for all employees to be in accordance with TLC's standards and regulations.
- Attend to the time and attendance punches of all FOH employees regularly and before the biweekly payroll data is collected.
- Administer verbal and written testing to FOH team of menu items in coordination with 1856 Restaurant General Manager, Chef in Residence and Director of Culinary, 1856
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Prior formalized guest relations training.
- Prior formalized restaurant server training and experience.
- A knowledge of a tasting menu restaurant concept and service delivery.
- Ability to program and troubleshoot restaurant POS and other computer systems.
- Ability to suggestively sell selected food and beverage items.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical calculations to calculate food and/or beverage costing and menu pricing.
- Proficient knowledge of computer functions including, but not limited to email and word processing.
- Ability to navigate point of sales systems with ease.
- Ability to effectively use time and attendance software.
- Knowledge of local, national, and international restaurants of similar concept and theme.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 10 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the restaurant to another.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 35 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, bend and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, twist, walk, crouch, and squat.
- Three (3) or more years' experience in restaurant service position with three (1) or more of these years having been in a supervisory role.
- At least 1 year leading a wine-program or experience with The Court of Master Sommeliers certified level or similar educational experience working with students.
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality or related subject required
- Minimum twenty-one (21) years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Background in both FOH and Culinary preferred.
- Certification in CPR.
Rane Culinary Science Center
RetailView all jobs at Rane Culinary Science Center