Software Developer (Java)
- location:Birmingham, AL
- salary:$74,570 - $75,088 per year
- date posted:Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- job type:Permanent
- industry:Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Software Developer (Java)
Randstad Technologies is seeking a Java Developer with experience in Java-based containers including installation, configuration and deployment. Also, assist in training less experienced software development staff. This is a permanent position located in Birmingham, AL.
Great Company Benefits and Incentives:
1. Benefits - Company offers no relocation but pay up to $5K sign on bonus which comes on 1st pay check.
2. After 6 months 100% of tuition paid for the employee, and after 12 months 50% for a family member
3. 4O13b- UAB contributes 5%
4. Insurance: Pay on top of Health Insurance
5. IT Environment: 350 IT employees statewide (less than 5% are contractors)
location: Birmingham, Alabama
job type: Permanent
salary: $74,570 - 75,088 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Participate as high level technical expert in design development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software for their party customers. To work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. To resolve customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements from third party customers. To participate in the development of software user manuals. To act as team leader on less complex projects.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
skills: Required Skills:
- 4+ years of Java and Java EE Technologies Development experience required
- 4+ years of experience in Java-based containers including installation, configuration and deployment is required
- 3+ years of experience in Spring framework, RESTful web services, iBatis or Hibernate is required
- 3+ years of experience in Oracle SQL technologies and the ability to analyze data via SQL queries is required Preferred Skills
- Knowledge of HTML5, Bootstrap, CSS, JSP, XML, Standard Web Design tools is preferred
- Knowledge of web infrastructure, including LDAP, Web Servers, IP networking, and firewalls
- Knowledge of Identity Management, SSO, CAS, SAML, OAuth 2.0 is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in iterative software development methodologies including Agile or Scrum and familiarity with leading or participating in sprints, backlog management and daily standups is desirable