- location:Peoria, IL
- salary:$40 - $50 per hour
- date posted:Thursday, December 5, 2019
- job type:Contract
- industry:Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Responsible for the overall planning, management and completion of IT and Business projects on a wide variety of business units and programs. Works with customers to develop project scope of work documents and project plans. Uses project management skills to manage project roles, identify resource requirements, meet training needs, define project deliverables, provide customer satisfaction and reporting structures and insure quality of projects. Works with technical associates and management to identify the technical approach to be used on a given project and works within the defined system development process. Documents opportunities to integrate systems and resources to fulfill project requirements. Manages and reports project impacts related to the tradeoffs between Budget, Scope, Time/Effort, Quality and Risk that are required to take place during the life of a project. Ensures effective communications and relationships between customers and project team members are maintained.
location: Peoria, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Manage project activities for multiple projects across all project phases, including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure.
- Lead, coordinate, facilitate and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Facilitate and lead effective project meetings, manage change and conflict, and develop resource planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity.
- Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Project schedules
- Detailed project plans
- Project scope statements
- Cost estimates
- Resource plans
- Risk and issues logs
- Status reports
- Cost benefit analysis and/or
- Business case preparation and/or reporting
- Tailor project management, development and support processes to meet the needs of individual (new and/or ongoing) projects.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of assigned projects; communicate with project teams as necessary to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and within cost parameters.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members, IT and the Business Units as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations.
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members.
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for use by management.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive projects
- Solid influencing skills
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Experience with stakeholder management
- Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision, both written and verbally
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Exemplary core project management skills
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management, Microsoft Project and SDLC methodologies and tools
- Required Experience: 4 years of applied project management practices in both an IT and Business environment. Demonstrated project management skills, including the creation of standard PMI documents such as project charters, communication plans, requirements documents and issues management logs. Utilization of PMBOK/PMI and/or Prince2 best practices preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.