We are seeking an experienced Warehouse Manager for a permanent 1st shift opening in Ann Arbor, MI. The position pays $85,000 - $90,000 a year and is with a stable and growing organization.
* Excellent Benefits
* Great Company Culture
In this role, you will provides materials, equipment, and supplies by directing/assisting planning, procurement, receiving, warehousing, distribution and shipping services either directly or through subordinate supervisors.
• Develops yearly AOP and analyzes trends to accurately update the forecast.
• Tracks departmental metrics against goals, drives improvement actions to resolution, presents
financial reporting information as required. Maintains departmental scorecard, ensuring
compliance to plant and corporate goals.
• Maintains the receiving, warehousing and distribution functions by initiating, coordinating, and
enforcing the Company’s operational policies, procedures and practices.
• Assists and ensures proper warehouse planning and scheduling programs to meet sales forecasts
and to balance the level of manpower and machine requirements.
• Regulates product mix and ensures material flow through production in support of the
production plans to satisfy business goals and customer demands.
• Responsible for freight claim submittal and follow up.
• Maintains optimum and accurate inventory levels to ensure on time deliveries to meet customer
requirements while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
• Develops, establishes, and provides for the maintenance or reporting systems that relate to the
materials function. Establishes processes that meet financial goals. Drives improvement actions
• Establishes procedures, supervises and reconciles periodic physical inventory and cycle counts.
• Manages accurate customer debits/credits processing in conjunction with the site’s Financial
• Complies with federal and state warehousing, material handling and shipping requirements by
studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions.
• Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing layouts; inspecting
equipment; issuing work orders for repair or requisitioning items needed.
• Participates as a member of the Environmental Management Team with responsibility and
authority for execution of Environmental Management System. Conforms to the Environmental
Management System procedures and requirements and follows the Heath, Safety and
• Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in Materials/Logistics, Management, Business Administration or
similar field or applicable years of experience/education
• Preferred - Master’s degree in Materials/Logistics, Management, Business Administration or
• 5 + years’ of experience in Materials/Production Control/Warehousing in a high volume, manufacturing environment required.
• Previous work experience in the automotive industry, particularly with occupant safety restraint systems and components is preferred
• Experience in management in a union environment.
• Hazardous shipment training / certification (ie Lithium Batteries preferred)
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
• Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, and strong decision-making capabilities
• Proven teamwork skills, with the ability to work independently
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel Proficiency and computerized materials management systems experience required.
• Experience with Expandable and Glovia preferred.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and
fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and
deal with several abstract and concrete variables.