We're hiring for a Quality Engineer role for a growing client in Warren, Rhode Island. This is a Permanent/Direct Hire job opportunity open due to an internal promotion. We are seeking a manager to oversee quality personnel, engineering functions, supervise product inspections and ensure all product meet quality standards.
This role offers a competitive salary and benefits package, relocation package is available!
- Complete internal/customer corrective actions
- Coordinate with departments to determine response on corrective actions
- Compile,record and address customer/supplier rejects including initiation and follow-up
- Partner with manufacturing and engineers to ensure quality is maintained
- Determine disposition and capability of finished manufactured product by collecting, classifying, analyzing and interpreting production and quality data and judging product acceptability in comparison to specifications
- Presents data by computer readouts, graphs, charts, tables, written reports or other method to access quality control results.
- Maintains Manufacturing quality control and assurance operations by following quality assurance and inspection policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Records outcomes for part issues and crisis by collecting and inputting data based off of inspection results..
- Participate in activities to increase personal skill level, overall departmental processes and product quality.
B.S. degree in engineering (mechanical, chemical, industrial), and at least 5 years of manufacturing management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
APQP experience necessary
Previous experience as a Quality Manager in the automotive manufacturing industry
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
Six Sigma green, or black belt (preferred)