Position performs non-destructive examinations (NDT) on casting and manufactured products as required by engineering specifications and code requirements; reviews sub-contractors procedure and reports. Position functions independently with occasional guidance from the Quality Control Supervisor.
· Performs non-destructive testing and examination per production order requirements
· Perform inspection using visual and dimensional inspection techniques for all products under the ASME Section lll & ISO 9001 Quality Programs
· Works with coworkers during manufacturing process to help assure an acceptable product related to NDT testing
· Assists in bids and costs for non-destructive testing and examination
· High School degree or equivalent required.
· Seven years’ experience and Certified in accordance with SNT-TC-1A Level II in MT, PT, VT required, UT, RT preferred with Working knowledge of ASME, AWS and relative codes.
· AWS-CWI - Certified Welding Inspector preferred; Graduate of ASNT approved college preferred
· Blueprint reading, geometric tolerance, and versatility in all aspects of inspection technique preferred
· Computer knowledge of Microsoft applications SAP knowledge preferred
· Ability to read blueprints, to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
· Versatile in all aspects of inspection techniques
· Good written and oral communication, organizational skills required.