We're hiring for a Process Engineer for an Automotive Manufacturer in Cookeville, TN. This is a Direct Hire/Permanent job opportunity.
- Optimize design, assembly, test steps and flow processes for assembled components, sub-assemblies, and final products, including developing tooling. Proactively seek and remove time, error, and other waste from production processes.
- Lead the development of process standards and process documentation, including detailed assembly instructions and quality control checklists.
- Continuously optimize processes. Continuously remove waste, reduce and eliminate errors; automate (including optimization for automation) in-house assembly steps; assess for make-or-buy key products/steps that are being inefficiently performed by suppliers.
- Support the implementation of best quality practices into assembly, including supporting or assisting in the process of achieving ISO 9001-2008 certification.
- Develops standards utilizing work measurement methods and/or stopwatch data as required. Formalizes job code standards including frequency and occurrence data imbedded in work measurement methods.
- Develops elementary methods and process steps at the individual or team work station level.
- Works on special productivity performance troubleshooting and analysis projects at a work station level or at a systems/data level
- Respond to production process problems and driving the implementation of solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering role within a production environment
- Experience from Automotive Production/Manufacturing