Permanent position: Environmental consultancy firm in Columbia, MD, is looking for a mid level Civil Engineer with ideally a coastal background to join their team. This person will support the local and regional teams with a mix of geotechnical, civil, coastal, and environmental engineering design. This is a permanent position and limited relocation will be provided.
Responsibilities for the Civil Engineer
- Overseeing and/or preparing design plans and specifications for dredging and coastal projects.
- Overseeing and/or developing engineer's cost estimates and construction schedules for designs.
- Developing construction planning documents and providing construction observations and management support (potential for local and regional travel up to 20-30%.)
- BS degree in Civil Engineering.
- At least 6 years experience in water works, land development or anything water related.
- PE for MD is preffered or thew ability to get it in 2 years time.
- Strong understanding of the application of engineering principles to engineering design, including cost estimating, development of plans and specifications, development of bid packages, development of dredge plans, and overseeing design implementation in the field.
- Relocation assistance.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
Qualifications: BS Education: Bachelors Employment Type: FULL_TIME